City of Brentwood
Home PageContact Us!Back

Public Works                                                                                                                         

Public Works Department - FAQ's Public Works Department - FAQ's
Home Public Works FAQ's
How do I know when a construction project is available for bid and how can I get a set of plans?
When a CIP project is ready to go to bid, a public notice is posted in the legal section of the local newspaper. Builders exchanges are also notified of the project at this time. The bid opening date is determined by each project. Plans and specifications are available for purchase at the City of Brentwood Engineering Department. The fees are based on the actual cost to produce the documents and are non-refundable. Planholder lists are available for viewing at our counter, at the builders exchanges, and the City of Brentwood’s website. Once the bid opening occurs, staff reviews the bids and the results are posted on the website. Once the apparent low bid has been verified, the City goes through a review process and the City Council determines if the project should move forward and authorizes staff to let a contract for the work. Once the most responsive responsible bidder has been awarded the contract, their subcontractors will be posted on the website.

When do I need an Encroachment Permit?
An Encroachment Permit is required for work that is performed within the City right-of-way including the city streets, curbs, gutters and sidewalks. This applies to work such as driveway approaches for boats or RVs and replacing trees within the landscape strip between the curb and sidewalk. Encroachment Permit applications may be submitted to the Engineering Division for review of the proposed work and conformance to City Standards as well as safety concerns such as sight distance and traffic requirements.

Do I need a permit for a storage container for moving?
Storage Containers should be out of the City right-of-way and placed in the driveway. If this is not possible you must fill out an encroachment permit application. The application should include the dimensions of the container and the duration the container will be within the City right-of-way (street) and be placed so as not to cause any traffic obstruction, sight distance obstacle or safety hazard. Please see the current fee schedule for permit fees.

What are the fees for encroachment permits?
Fees are dependant upon the type of work to be performed and are usually calculated on a per unit basis. Fees can be found at Engineering Fee Schedule.

Are there any easements on my property, and if so, am I limited to how I may use that easement area?
Maps which typically show easements can be viewed in the Engineering Department. However to best way to find all recorded interest in the property is from a current Title Report. If any easements exist use would be limited so as to not interfere with the purpose of the easement, i.e. a storm drain easement should not be graded or paved over to interfere with drainage of the lot.

What are the civil plan submittal requirements for new development/construction projects?
Upon approval by The Planning Commission, all civil engineering plans and subdivision/parcel maps are submitted to the Development Section of the Engineering Division for review and approval. Please print a Submittal Application and fee schedule to accompany your submittal. First submittals must be delivered in person to determine completeness and collect applicable fees.

What fees are required when I abandon a well and septic system and connect to City water and sewer service?
If utilities are in the street and not stubbed to your property line, an encroachment permit is required from the Engineering Department to enter into the City right-of-way. Contact the Engineering Department to determine the closest utility and if it is available for connection. To construct the utility from the property line to the house a plumbing permit is required from the Building Department, connection fees are collected at this time.

When is a Transportation Permit required?
Per State Vehicle Code, permits are required for vehicles that exceed:
8 feet in width
65 feet in length
80,000 lbs
Permits are processed through the Engineering Division, information and applications may be obtained on the website. Transportation Permits Truck Routes

Garbage and Recycle
How do I establish service for water and garbage?
Begin the process by contacting the Utility Billing Department at 516-5415. They will set up your water, sewer and garbage account.

How does the leaf bag program work?
This program was implemented to minimize the impact of leaf drop season. This program helps street sweeping efforts and provides for the collection of all yard waste materials like leaves and tree branches. The program runs between the months of October and January at no cost to City residents. The City provides bags while supplies last, and are available at City Hall beginning October 1st. Once the bags are filled, they should be put at the curbside on your yard waste pick-up day next to your yard waste bin. Only the bags provided by the City will be serviced as part of this program.

How often does the City have the Neighborhood clean-ups? Is there a schedule set up for the year?
There are scheduled clean-ups throughout the year. Please contact Code Enforcement for more details at 925-516-5405. However there are two disposal facilities that are open to the public year round and accept most types of household refuse. They include:

Vasco Road Landfill
4001 N. Vasco Road
Livermore, CA
M-F 6-5pm / S 6-4:30pm

Pittsburg Transfer Station
1300 Loveridge Road
Pittsburg, CA
7 days - 7-6pm

I have a question about my garbage service, recycling or yard waste pick up, who do I call?
Please phone Public Works Solid Waste Division at 516-6090 or you may submit a Service Request.

I would like to schedule an extra pick up, who do I call?
Please phone Public Works Solid Waste Division at 516-6090 or you may submit a Service Request.

My garbage was missed, who do I call?
Please call the Public Works Solid Waste Division at (925) 516-6090 or you may submit a Service Request.

What do I do with household hazardous waste like paint, batteries, pesticides and cleaning solutions?
Effective 7/1/07
Please call (925) 756-1990 for information on the free drop off for residents of East Contra Costa County every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

What is the garbage schedule for holidays?
There are only 2 holidays during the year that affect garbage service. These are Christmas Day and New Year's Day. If your service day is on or after these holidays, and they fall on a Monday through Friday, you will be serviced one day later for that week only. Garbage service is on regular schedule for all other holidays. If one of the above holidays fall on a Saturday or a Sunday, there is no change at all to your service day. Recycle and Yard Waste Calendar

When are the bills for water/sewer/garbage mailed and when are they due?
You will receive one bill each month for your water, sewer, and garbage services. Mailing and due dates are dependent upon the service location within 1 of the 4 City “zones”. Payment is due upon receipt. If you do not receive your bill or have questions regarding billing, please call the Utility Billing Department at (925) 516-5415. For questions regarding garbage service, please call (925) 516-6090.

Where can I dispose of cardboard boxes that don't fit in my cart?
The City offers a free drop-off for cardboard. It is for cardboard only, no garbage or any other items allowed. The cardboard boxes must be broken down flat and placed in one of the bins located at 2300 Elkins Way, off of Sunset Road. The hours are Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Do you have static maps that I can view or print?
We have several available FREE maps in a PDF format on 24" x 36" paper size. Please visit our Map Gallery . A large format-printer is required when printing these large-format maps.

How can I locate parcel data which is not yet available in the Brentwood Map Room or those parcels outside the City limit?
An alternate website will be the Contra Costa County's GIS website at The website covers their entire jurisdiction.

How do I get to the Map Room?
From the City website, under "Resources on Line," select "Map Room ." If this is your first-time access, you need to download the latest MapGuide® viewer. Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the viewer, go back to the Map Room page and select "Click Here to go Directly to the Map."

How often is the Subdivision Map of the City updated?
The Subdivision Map of the City is updated bi-annually in January and July.

I am preparing a set of plans for City approval, how can I obtain an electronic copy of the City Title Sheet and Profile Sheet?
From the City website, go to Public Works Department, Engineering Division, Mapping/GIS, Plan Template and select either the DXF or DWG file format.

What are the system requirements to access the Brentwood Map Room?
Since Brentwood Map Room is highly interactive, users will need the latest version of the MapGuide® viewer (follow the link to download the viewer), a high speed internet connection such as DSL, cable or 56K or higher modem speed and a monitor with a minimum display resolution of 1024 x 768.

What is Brentwood Map Room?
The Brentwood Map Room is a parcel-based City-wide GIS application tool on the City website. This interactive map presents many layers of geographic mapping information related to the City of Brentwood.

What is GIS?
GIS is an acronym for Geographic Information Systems. It is a computer-based information system of hardware, software and procedures capable of assembling, capturing, storing, analyzing, manipulating and displaying geographically referenced information.

What is GPS?
GPS is an acronym for Global Positioning Systems, a worldwide radio navigation system formed from a constellation of 24 satellites and their ground stations. GPS interacts with these satellites as reference points to calculate positions which become data that can be used by GIS.

Who should I contact if I need help navigating the Brentwood Map Room?
Call the GIS and Mapping Services of the Engineering Department at 925-516-5420.

Who should I contact regarding viewing or requesting copies for City-approved Project Plans?
Contact GIS and Mapping Services of the Engineering Department at 925-516-5420. If you need to see an approve plan set on file, an appointment can be scheduled for the best time to take a look at the requested information. Copies can be made for a fee based on the current Engineering Fee Schedule.

What is stormwater pollution?
Stormwater pollution comes from many sources. As rainwater and other runoff flows across the ground, lawns, pavement and rooftops they pick up harmful contaminants like fertilizers, pesticides and dirt. When the rainwater hits our streets, the water mixes with waste oil, automotive fluids and plant debris. Unlike the wastewater we put down our sinks and toilets, stormwater flows to our waterways untreated. This contaminates the water and can harm wildlife.

Stormwater pollution is now considered the most significant source of water pollution in our country. Past water pollution control efforts were directed at industrial sources and good progress has been made. Now, non-industrial activities impact water quality more than industrial operations.

In compliance with state and federal requirements, the City of Brentwood has developed a Stormwater Management Program committed to protecting our rivers and the Delta by involving and educating our residents in stormwater pollution prevention, regulating stormwater runoff from construction sites, investigating non-stormwater discharges and reducing non-stormwater run-off from municipal operations. You can access the City of Brentwood’s Stormwater Management Program (PDF file) by clicking the link in the left navigation bar.

Can the curb be painted red at a certain location?
The City will consider painting curbs red (prohibiting parking) based on the City criteria if it is determined that unusual sight distance or access problems exist. If warranted the City will usually notify the fronting and adjacent property owners prior to proceeding with any parking restriction.

Can the speed limit be lowered on a particular street?
In residential areas, the speed limit is set at 25 mph by the California Vehicle Code. On non-residential streets, the speed limit is set based on a radar survey. The standards for setting speed limits are set forth in the California Motor Vehicle Code. Therefore, a speed limit is not just arbitrarily set but based on the actual speeds of vehicles. Lowering a speed limit in hopes of seeing a correspondent slowing of traffic does not usually work. Setting a speed limit without following the Vehicle Code guidelines would invalidate any citation issued by use of radar.

Can we have a STOP sign in order to help with speeding vehicles?
A STOP sign is intended to determine which driver has the right of way at an intersection. Studies have proven that STOP signs do a very poor job when it comes to slowing people down. Their effect is usually limited to within 100 feet of an intersection. Afterward drivers tend to speed up, sometimes to speeds greater than what was being witnessed before the signs went in. When appropriate the City will install STOP signs based on the City’s own STOP sign warrant policy.

Does the City install speed humps?
The City will install speed humps under certain conditions. The City has adopted a Traffic Calming Policy as well as a Speed Hump Installation Policy. Through a phased approach of reducing speeds on a residential street speed humps can be considered after other remedies have been attempted. Other remedies include signing, striping, enforcement and placement of a radar trailer.

Whom do I contact if a traffic signal is not working properly?
Public Works, Electrical Maintenance Section contracts with Contra Costa County for signal maintenance. To report a malfunctioning signal please call (925) 516-6000 or submit a Service Request to report the problem.

My street has a lot of speeding vehicles on it. What can be done?
Based on the City’s process, a number of steps can be taken to address speeding vehicles. City staff will determine if speed limit signs, speed limit messages, placement of a radar trailer, enforcement and striping are needed. The City can also conduct a 24-hour speed and volume study to determine the extent of the problem. Ultimately the placement of speed humps can be considered.

The traffic signal is not providing me with enough time to cross a street.
Signals should be timed to provide pedestrians with enough time to safely cross a street. The available time includes the flashing portion of the signal indication. If adequate time has not been provided please contact the City so that we may evaluate the intersection and possibly increase the available crossing time.

Why I am waiting at a red light when there is no cross traffic?
Why I am waiting at a red light when there is no cross traffic? A traffic signal is an electrical device. From time to time they experience problems and malfunction. If you feel a traffic signal is not functioning properly, please contact the City at (925) 516-5420 or submit a Service Request so that we may have it checked.

Street Maintenance
A storm drain is blocked by leaves and debris, whom do I contact?
Public Works Operations/Maintenance Division is responsible for storm drain inlet and main line cleaning. If you notice an inlet is blocked, or storm water is not draining from a street, please call (925) 516-6000 to report flooded locations or problem areas.

My neighborhood lacks streetlights. Can a light be installed?
The City can request PG&E to install a streetlight if utility poles exist. Prior to this request the residents in the vicinity of the proposed light need to agree, in writing, with its placement, and submit the request to the Public Works Department, Engineering Division. Problems have arisen in the past, since not all property owners desire a streetlight, once the light has been installed with complaints of it shining into homes. Per Council/Administrative Policy, construction costs for additional or increased lighting shall be the finacial responsibility of the requesting neighborhood.

When is my street swept?
City streets are swept once every two weeks. The City maintains a regular Street Sweeping Schedule so residents can plan accordingly.

Who fixes potholes in streets?
Public Works, Street Maintenance Section is responsible for repairing potholes in City owned public streets. Brentwood Boulevard, as a state highway, is maintained by the California Department of Transportation (CalTrans) and private streets are typically maintained by the homeowner or through the Homeowners’ Association. Please call (925) 516-6000 to report a pothole in a City street or submit a Service Request to report the problem.

Who is responsible for maintaining or replacing the sidewalk in front of my home/business?
Per City ordinance the adjacent property owner is responsible for maintenance and/or replacement, unless the sidewalk has been damaged by a City street tree. The Public Works Department (516-6000) can make an inspection to determine cause of damage.

Who repairs missing or damaged street signs or traffic markings?
Public Works, Traffic Maintenance Section is responsible for replacing or repairing City street signs and traffic markings. Please call (925) 516-6000 to report a missing or damaged sign or submit a Service Request to report the problem.

Whom do I contact if a streetlight is not working properly?
If a resident notices a streetlight that is burned out or is flickering on and off they can contact the Public Works Department, Operations/Maintenance Division 516-6000, or submit a Service Request to report the problem. The City of Brentwood Map Room also shows locations and pole numbers of existing streetlight. If you are able, please include the specific location and pole number when notifying us.  We will determine the responsible maintenance party, whether that be the City, PG&E, or the developer in the case of new subdivisions, to have it repaired.

Sewage Collection/Treatment
Are toxic chemicals a problem?
Yes. Toxic chemicals present a couple of different problems. First, most treatment plants were not designed to remove toxins, and therefore these chemicals may pass untreated into the receiving water, or cause the resulting biosolids to be classified as “hazardous waste”, which significantly raises disposal costs. In addition, as the heart of the treatment process is the body of living microorganisms, these can be poisoned and rendered ineffective, adding to the deleterious impact of untreated wastewater on the environment.The Pretreatment Division enforces prohibitions against discharge of toxics by businesses; however, it is up to individual citizens to monitor what goes down each household drain.

How can I arrange for a tour of the Wastewater Treatment Plant?
To arrange a plant tour, contact the Wastewater Treatment Plant at (925) 516-6060.

How does water get polluted?
The water you use doesn’t go away. Whatever goes down the drain ends up at the treatment plant. While the plant effectively removes “settleable” and organic materials, it is not designed to remove certain chemicals and metals. When toxic chemicals get dumped or rinsed down household drains, they pass through the system largely untreated and end up in the Bay where they may threaten sensitive aquatic life. In addition, anything that goes down a storm drain goes directly to creeks and streams, eventually passing untreated into the Bay.

How long does it take to clean the Wastewater?
On the average, a drop of wastewater will spend about 15 hours traveling through the plant while undergoing treatment.

How much wastewater does the Wastewater Treatment Plant treat?
On the average, about 3.6 million gallons per day (that’s more than 2,500 gallons per minute!) are treated at the plant.

If I have slow drainage through my toilets, showers, and sinks. What can I do about it?
If your neighbors are not having a problem, it may be isolated to the plumbing system located within your home and you may need to contact a plumbing company. If neighbors are having similar slow drainage, there is a chance that there is a problem in the public main. For information or to report a problem call (925) 516-6060 or submit a service request.

Sewage is overflowing from a sewer structure onto the ground, driveway, street, etc.
Overflow devices are usually located near the building. They may have a lid or mushroom cap on top. Their purpose is to allow sewage from a plugged sewer to overflow outside of the building. Manhole structures are usually located in the middle of the street and provide access for cleaning and pipe inspection. Manhole lids usually have sewer marked on top. Storm drains carry rain water only and are usually under curb openings in the gutter. They are usually covered with a grate or slotted piece of metal. Some solid round covers are marked with “S” or “Storm Drain.” The Public Works Department Operations/Maintenance Division is also responsible for problems with storm drains.
If the problem exists, call the City of Brentwood, Public Works Department at (925) 516-6060 or submit a service request.

There is a manhole cover in my neighborhood that rattles every time a vehicle rolls over it. What can I do about it?
The City has two main types of sewer structures: 1) a manhole that varies in size from 25” to 28” in diameter, and 2) a rodding inlet, which is round or oval and ranges in size from 9” to 12”. Both structures have solid covers and are normally imprinted on top with “Brentwood.” Occasionally, there may be a separation between the base and the cover of the manhole or rodding inlet causing the cover to rattle when a vehicle rolls over it. To report a rattling manhole or rodding inlet cover, call 925.516.6060 or submit a Service Request to report the problem..

What can I do about sewer odors?
First, try to determine where the odor is coming from (inside the home or outside in the street). If an odor is coming from the inside the home, there may be a problem with the internal plumbing system. Check your internal system first or contact a plumbing company. If the problem exists outdoors, call the City of Brentwood, Public Works Department at (925) 516-6060 or submit a service request.

What is Wastewater Treatment?
Wastewater treatment is the process of cleaning used water so that it can be returned safely to the environment. Wastewater treatment is a defense against water pollution, protecting public health and the aquatic organisms in the receiving water. Before modern treatment methods were instituted, wastewater went directly to streams and rivers, often the same place where people took baths, washed clothes, and got drinking water. Because of this, many people suffered from diseases, such as cholera, typhoid and diphtheria, caused by contaminated water.

What is Wastewater?
Wastewater is “used” water, generated by homes, industry, schools and businesses. On average, each person in the United States contributes 50 to 100 gallons of wastewater everyday. If you turn your faucet on and wash your hands, run the garbage disposal, take a shower, or flush the toilet, once it’s in the drainpipe, it becomes wastewater, which is also called “sewage.”

Who do I contact if I have questions regarding sewer (Wastewater) connection or new service?
To set up new service, transfer or disconnect sewer service, please call Utility Billing directly at (925) 516-5415.

Who is responsible for the sewer laterals?
Property owners are required to have an approved cleanout installed at or within close proximity to the property line. The City of Brentwood maintains the lateral from that cleanout or property line to the main line. All maintenance, repair and replacement of the lateral line from the property line back to the building or dwelling unit is the responsibility of the property owner.

How do I establish service for water and garbage?
Begin the process by contacting the Utility Billing Department at 516-5415. They will set up your water, sewer and garbage account.

Do I need to flush out my water heater?
Many manufacturers recommend periodic flushing of water heaters to remove sediment that can build up. The sediment can cause discoloration of the water and can make the water heater less efficient. Customers sometimes report white particles that clog plumbing fixtures. This may be bits of calcium carbonate scale coming from your water heater. The scaling may be worsened because the water heater thermostat is too high. If the particles are calcium carbonate, you probably need to flush your water heater. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's owner’s guide for your water heater.

How much fluoride is in our water?
Fluoride in drinking water is regulated by the US EPA. The maximum level of fluoride deemed acceptable per EPA standards is 4 milligrams per liter (mg/L). The California Department of Health Services, which specifically regulates the City’s water system, recommends the fluoride levels in drinking water average 1 mg/L with the maximum level being 2 mg/L.

The City does not add fluoride to water produced by the City’s ground water wells, or City of Brentwood Water Treatment Plant; however, it is naturally occurring in the ground water supply ranging between 0.2 to 0.7 mg/L. Surface water treated at the Randall-Bold Treatment Plant by Contra Costa Water District supplied to the City does have fluoride added as a part of the treatment process, the resultant fluoride level is is 0.8 mg/L

Water Quality/Consumer Confidence Report

I am trying to program my new water softener - What is the hardness of Brentwood water?
According to the Water Department's Annual Water Quality Report:
Brentwood Well Range Hardness (Grains) 11.1-24.6
Brentwood Well Average Hardness (Grains) 18.8
Brentwood Water Treatment Plant Hardness (Grains) 3.9-7.6
Brentwood Water Treatment Plant Average Hardness (Grains) 5.6

Water Quality/Consumer Confidence Report

Consumers so inclined can purchase simple water hardness test kits at pool supply stores and most hardware stores.

I would like to install a water softener, what do I need to do?
You may phone the Community Development Department for more information at 516.5405 about required plumbing permits.

What are the causes of low water pressure and should low water pressure concern me?
Temporary low pressure can be caused by heavy water use in your area—such as lawn watering, a water main break, fighting a nearby fire, or peak water use times. Permanent low pressure could be caused by:

  • Mineral Deposits: Mineral deposits from hard water can clog hose filters carrying water to your washer or the aerators on faucets or shower heads, resulting in lower water pressure. Mineral deposits are not harmful and can be easily removed by soaking the filter or part in vinegar periodically.
  • Peak Use Period: The peak water demands generally occur twice each day: in the morning when everyone is getting ready for work and school, and in the hours between dinner and bedtime. Neighborhood water use is lower in the early morning hours before families awake and begin using water. If you experience problems with the effectiveness of your landscape irrigation system, try changing the time at which you irrigate to a lower demand period.
  • Prolonged or Severe Water Pressure Loss: To help us keep your water supply safe, please report any severe or prolonged drop in water pressure immediately to 925.516.6000.
  • Your Home's Valves:
    • Customer Valve - Check to make sure the customer valve, located in the meter box, is completely in the "on" position. A partially closed valve can restrict water flow. Call 925.516.6000 to have your valve inspected to make sure it is fully open.
    • House Valve - Is located near the hose bib at the front of the residence. Check to make sure it is completely in the "on" or fully open position.
    • Recently Serviced Water Softeners: A frequent cause of low water pressure is a valve that was closed during routine servicing of a water softener or other water conditioning device. If you have a water softener and the servicing company has recently visited your home to replace the canister, check to see if the service person fully reopened the valve.
    • Water Leaks: Water pressure loss can be caused by an undetected leak. Follow the instructions in “how to read your meter” to check for leaks .
    • Point of use devices, plugged filters, or water softeners can cause a drop in pressure. Disconnect the device or place your water softener in “by-pass” mode for 24 hours to see if the pressure increases.

What is Hard Water?
Hardness in drinking water is primarily caused by two minerals; calcium and magnesium. If calcium and/or magnesium are present in your water in substantial amounts, the water is said to be hard because making a lather of suds for washing is difficult to do. Water containing little calcium or magnesium is called soft water.

What is the pink or black substance in my toilet and shower?
Usually this pinkish film appears during and after new construction or remodeling activities. The dirt and dust stirred up from the work probably contains Serratia bacteria. Once airborne, the bacteria seek moist environments to grow. Some people have even noted the pink residue in their pet's water bowl, which causes no apparent harm and can be easily cleaned off. Others have indicated that their experience with this nuisance occurs during a time of year that their windows are open for the majority of the day. These airborne bacteria can come from any number of naturally occurring sources, and the condition can be further aggravated if customers remove the chlorine from their water by way of an activated carbon filter.

The best solution to keep these surfaces free from the bacterial film is continual cleaning. A chlorinous compound is best, but use care with abrasives to avoid scratching the fixtures, which will make them even more susceptible to bacteria. Chlorine bleach can be periodically stirred into the toilet tank and flushed into the bowl itself. As the tank refills, more bleach can be added. Three to five tablespoons of fresh bleach should be all that is necessary. A toilet cake that contains a disinfectant can keep a residual in the water at all times. The porous walls of a toilet tank can harbor many opportunistic organisms.

Cleaning and flushing with chlorine will not necessarily eliminate the problem, but will help to control these bacteria. Keep bathtubs and sinks wiped down and dry to avoid this problem. Using a cleaning solution that contains chlorine will help cut back the onset of the bacteria.

While all water utilities are concerned about the quality of the product they are supplying to their customers, they cannot guarantee water quality once it leaves the pressurized distribution system and enters the customer's plumbing.

Why does my dishwasher leave spots on my glasses?
The spots that may appear on glassware after it is washed and air-dried are caused by mineral deposits that remain on the glass when the water evaporates. Commercial products are available that allow the water to drain from the glassware more completely. Towel drying glassware will also reduce mineral deposits.

Why does my water smell like rotten eggs?
Bacteria growing in sink drains can make hydrogen sulfide gas. The gas causes rotten egg smells that appear to be coming from the water. The smell is really coming from the drain. When water runs down the drain, the gas is forced out where you can smell it. A cup of household bleach poured down the drain will help kill the bacteria and take care of the smell. Water heaters can also harbor bacteria that cause rotten egg smells. If your sink drain is not the source, check your hot water for rotten egg smells and flush your water heater if necessary.

General Information!
Frequently Asked Questions

Service Request
Report a Problem

Abandoned shopping carts garbage / recycle service, graffiti, potholes, street lights, traffic, water leak, etc.

After Hours Water or Sewer Emergency contact Police Dispatch (925) 778-2441

Quick Links

Other Resources

Key Personnel
Director of Public Works/City Engineer
Balwinder S. Grewal, P.E./P.L.S.

Assistant Director of Public Works/Engineering
Miki Tsubota, P.E./P.L.S.

Assistant Director of Public Works/Operations
Chris Ehlers

Public Works Staff


Public Works Department
Mailing Address
150 City Park Way, Brentwood, CA 94513
Engineering Divsion
Physical Address
Operations Division
Physical Address
150 City Park Way
2201 Elkins Way
Brentwood, CA 94513
Brentwood, CA 94513
(925) 516-5420
(925) 516-6000
(925) 516-5421
(925) 516-6001
Hours of Operation: (Monday - Friday)
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
7:00 am - 3:30 pm