City of Brentwood
Home PageContact Us!Back

...adding joy to people's lives

Home Parks and Recreation Get Involved Instructor Requirements
 Instructor Requirements
  • Instructors are required to have a City of Brentwood Business License.
  • Driver License or California ID
  • Provide proof of Auto Insurance
  • Request for Live Scan Service. The City of Brentwood requires that all individuals supervising youth are required to have a background check. The City of Brentwood will cover the cost of this requirement.
  • Tuberculosis Test Results. The City of Brentwood requires that all contractors working with the public provide proof of current T.B. immunization. If it has been some time since you were tested, please schedule an appointment with your health care provider and complete the testing. Most health care providers provide T.B. testing at no cost. The City of Brentwood will need a copy of your current test results for our files.
  • W-9 form. Under the United States Internal Revenue Code, the City of Brentwood is required to report the payment(s) we make to contract instructors.
  • The City of Brentwood requires all Contractors to obtain general liability insurance of $1 million dollars, with an additional insured endorsement reading, “City of Brentwood, its officers, officials, employees, and volunteers.” The cost for this coverage is the sole responsibility of the contractor. Your general liability insurance policy must also list the City of Brentwood as additionally insured and must list the following information on the endorsement:
  • City of Brentwood
    150 City Park Way
    Brentwood CA. 94513

You are free to shop around for the best coverage at the best price. If so desired, The City of Brentwood does offer liability coverage through Diver Alliant Insurance Services. If you are interested in obtaining quote from this carrier please our Parks and Recreation Department at (925) 516-5444.

  • Provide proof of workers comp insurance. If you have no employees please provide a letter stating that you are the sole proprietor of the business.
  • Instructors must sign (2) original contracts. Once both contracts are completed, we will send the instructor a completely signed contract for your records.
Click on the image for more information

Click on the image for more information

Upcoming Events:

Map of city parksMap of city parks Compare all parksCompare all parks Park FAQParks & Rec FAQ's
"Creating Joyful Community Experiences through People, Parks, and Programs"
Parks & Recreation Department       (925) 516-5444
35 Oak Street       (925) 516-5445
Brentwood, CA 94513
Operating Hours 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.
After Hours Emergency Phone 382-5346