City of Brentwood
Home PageContact Us!Back

Brentwood Police Department
Brentwood Police Department
Home  Brentwood Police Department Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Brentwood Police Department offer fingerprinting services?
Yes. Fingerprinting services are provided Thursdays (except holidays) between 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m, by appointment only. For additional information, see Fingerprinting

Does the Brentwood Police Department accept personal checks?
No. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, credit/debit cards and business checks. Vehicle releases, however, require cash or credit/debit cards only.

How can I commend a Brentwood Police employee for good work?
You may either Email Brentwood Police, use the Online Services Employee Recognition Form or telephone the Brentwood Police Department (925) 634-6911.

How can I file a police report?
The non-emergency dispatch phone number is (925) 778-2441 or 9-1-1 (emergency). From a mobile phone, call (925) 778-2441.  For certain incidents or crimes, you may also use the "Online Services" File an On-Line Police Report

How can I obtain a copy of a police report?
Contact the Records Division during business hours at (925) 634-6911.  It can take 7-10 days to process an average police report.  In addition, any cases involving a minor will require court approval prior to its release

How can I recover my vehicle that was towed or missing?
If you believe your vehicle was towed or is missing, please contact the dispatch center at (925) 778-2441. The dispatch center has a record of vehicles towed by private parties, as well as the Police Department. Additionally, the dispatch center is notified of repossessed vehicles. If no record of a tow is located, it is possible the vehicle may have been stolen and the Dispatch Center will have a Police Officer contact you.

Vehicles are towed and stored for different reasons.  If your vehicle was towed for registration expired over six months, you will need a license driver, current registration, and/or a one-day moving permit from DMV prior to obtaining a release from the Police Department.  If your vehicle was towed and stored for a 72-hour parking violation, you will need a licensed driver. There is an Administrative Fee in order to obtain a vehicle release which must be paid at the Police Department business office during business hours.

How can I report a chronic problem with a specific property/residence?
Depending on the issue, there are a variety of ways to report problem properties:

a. Be sure the patrol officers working that particular beat are aware of the problems. Call the dispatch center (778-2441) and request to speak with an officer about the problem.

b. See if there is a Neighborhood Watch in place. Community Service Officer Michele Keady (809-7780) will be able to assist you with this information.

c. If you believe there is a narcotics related problem, contact the Detective Sergeant in the Investigations Unit (634-6911)

d. The City of Brentwood has a Problem Property Response Team (PPRT) and you may use the Report a Problem Property form, or information can be given to the PPRT by contacting Police Sergeant O'Grodnick at 809-7752.

How can I report an abandoned vehicle or traffic problem?
Please contact Dispatch at (925) 778-2441.  For non-urgent/chronic traffic problems, call the Tell-A-Cop hotline at (925) 809-7826 and leave the information on the recording.  You may also use “Online Services” Citizen Input Form

How can I report my dissatisfaction with police services?
If you have a question or complaint about any police employee conduct please contact the on-duty watch commander through the dispatch center at (925) 778-2441, or use the "Online Services" Citizen Complaint Procedures

How do I find out if someone was booked into jail?
An inquiry about the custodial status needs to be made through the on-duty watch commander. The on-duty watch commander can be contacted through the Dispatch Center 24-hours a day at (925) 778-2441.

I was a victim of a crime. How can I get follow up information regarding the incident?
During business hours, you can call the business office at (925) 634-6911. It is helpful to have the investigating officer’s name and the case number assigned to your event. This will help to determine the appropriate contact person. If you don't have the above information, our Records staff will assist you.

Is there a curfew for juveniles in the City of Brentwood?
Yes. The Brentwood Municipal Code restrictions apply to minors under the age of 18 years as follows: • Sunday through Thursday, curfew is between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. • Friday and Saturday, curfew is between 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
BMC 9.68.010 Curfew restrictions for minors

Is there a fee for having a traffic citation signed off?
The Brentwood Police Department will sign off notices of corrections, commonly referred to as "fix-it tickets" at no charge to residents of the City of Brentwood.  For non-residents, there is a fee.  Administrative Fee Schedule

What is Code Enforcement and what services do they provide?
Code Enforcement is part of the City's Community Development Department. Code Enforcement helps keep our City a healthy, safe, clean, and attractive place to live and work by educating Brentwood residents relative to the Brentwood Municipal Codes. For additional information, go to the Community Development - Code Enforcement website

What is the Car Seat Inspection Program?
The Brentwood Police Department offers a free car seat inspection to Brentwood residents.  This program is designed to have a certified car seat technician check your seat for correct installation.  Residents outside the City of Brentwood should contact the law enforcement agency in their jurisdiction for similar services. Car Seat Inspections

What is the City of Brentwood Municipal Code?
Among other things, City Municipal Codes govern zoning/building violations, junk, debris, litter, abandoned vehicles/RV's/boats, graffiti, fire hazards, illegal signs, garbage containers in public view, and basketball standards left in the roadway.  View the City of Brentwood Municipal Code.

What is the Neighborhood Watch Program?
Neighborhood Watch is a community and law enforcement partnership and crime prevention program.  View Neighborhood Watch.

When is the Brentwood Police Station open to the public?
Although the Police Department operates 24 hours a day, the business office is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Our business office is closed on weekends and holidays. Messages left on the business line (634-6911) are answered the following business day.

Where is the Brentwood Police Department located?
Brentwood Police Department is located in Contra Costa County at 9100 Brentwood Blvd, Brentwood, CA 94513. Driving Directions can be obtained through the Contact Us page.

Where is the Police Dispatch Center located and how can I contact them?
Brentwood Police Department currently contracts for dispatch services with Antioch Police Department. The Antioch/Brentwood Police Dispatch is located inside the Antioch Police Department and can be reached by calling (925) 778-2441 (non-emergency), or 9-1-1 (emergency). From a mobile phone, call (925) 778-2441. There is also a "call box" located outside the front door of the Brentwood Police Department which directly connects to Antioch/Brentwood Police Dispatch.

Where is the Police Dispatch Center located and how can I contact them?
Brentwood Police Department currently contracts for dispatch services with Antioch Police Department. The Antioch/Brentwood Police Dispatch is located inside the Antioch Police Department and can be reached by calling (925) 778-2441 (non-emergency), or 9-1-1 (emergency). From a mobile phone, call (925) 778-2441. There is also a “call box” located outside the front door of the Brentwood Police Department which directly connects to Antioch/Brentwood Police Dispatch.

Who should I call about a barking dog or other animal issues?
The Brentwood Police Department contracts for animal services through Contra Costa County Animal Control in Martinez, CA. During business hours, Monday through Friday, you should contact Contra Costa County Animal Control at (925) 335-8300. After business hours, contact the Brentwood Police through the Dispatch Center at 778-2441. Brentwood Police Department will forward the complaint to Contra Costa Animal Control.

Who should I call for vehicles left parked for a long period of time on City streets?
Any vehicle including cars, boats, RV’s etc. must be moved every 72 hours (3 days) or they are considered “stored on a public street”. It is best to call Parking/Vehicle Abatement hotline (925) 809-7827 and leave the make, color and license plate of the vehicle, along with the exact location, on the recording. Once we obtain this information, we will go out to the location and issue a “Courtesy Notice.” This is NOT a ticket or citation—it is simply giving the owner an opportunity to move the vehicle prior to getting a citation. The owner then has 72 hours to move the vehicle (“move the vehicle” requires the odometer reading to change). After 72 hours if the vehicle has not moved, we will issue a parking citation. An officer will then return to the location after 24 hours of the citation, and, if the vehicle has again not moved, will tow the vehicle to a local tow yard. The registered owner will be required to come into the police station to obtain a vehicle release and pay the Police Administrative Fee as well as the tow yard fees.

Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG)
Local Hazard Mitigation Plan Annex - Taming Natural Disasters
Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG)
Regional Strategy’s


Police Beats


Police Public Logs
Frequently Asked Questions






Quick Links

Contact Info
  Emergency Call  9-1-1
  Business Office (925) 634-6911
  24 Hr Dispatch (925) 778-2441
  Email Brentwood Police

Online Services
File an On-Line Police Report
File Supplemental to Police Report
Citizens Input Form
Employee Recognition Form
Citizen Complaint Procedures
Crime Mapping
Report a Problem Property Form

General Information
  Domestic Violence Resource
  Brentwood Municipal Code
 Frequently Asked Questions
  Administrative Fee Schedule
  Vacation Watch
  Business Index Card
  Hazardous Materials Disposal Information (Español)
  Hazardous Materials Disposal Information
  Sign Postings
 Versión Española
  Car Seat Inspection

Outside Links

  Court Information
  Megan's Law
  Be Ready
  Homeland Security
  California Vehicle Code
  Internet Safety Tips
  Office of the Attorney General
  Swine Flu Factsheet


Brentwood Police Department       Emergency Call: 9-1-1
9100 Brentwood Blvd.       (925) 634-6911 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Brentwood, CA 94513     (925) 778-2441 24 hr Dispatch
        (925) 809-7799