The Business Watch Program is a FREE program designed to create a partnership and foster new relationships between local businesses and the Brentwood Police Department.
Through this partnership, local businesses can receive crime awareness bulletins and stay informed about current crime trends that may target local businesses. Additionally, businesses can receive information and free training on how to make your business safer in an effort to deter crime in the City of Brentwood.
The Business Watch Program can benefit business owners, your employees and your customers. Through this partnership, business owners and employees can learn crime prevention techniques and strategies used to reduce and deter criminal conduct that is known to target local businesses. This free Crime Prevention and Awareness Training may be conducted at your business for your convenience. Training may also be provided at other venues.
Through this partnership, local business can enhance the safety of their business, deter and reduce crime, and take measures that can reduce the chances of becoming a victim of criminal activity.
Why Business Watch?
- Some criminal conduct is predictable; therefore, safety and security measures may be taken to reduce and prevent it.
- Criminal activity normally occurs outside the presence of law enforcement, therefore, local businesses are essential in deterring and combating crime.
- Local business operators are the primary source of information concerning criminal activity that adversely impacts local businesses.
- A partnership with police that is supported by awareness and communication can help combat crime before it happens.
- The program also offers on site security assessments to help identify ways to enhance safety and security.
Members of the Brentwood Police Department possess a variety of specialized training. The training that is available to members of the Business Watch Program includes, but is not limited to, the following topics.
- Robbery Prevention
- Personal Safety
- Building Security
- Workplace Violence
- Shoplifting Prevention
- Credit Card Fraud
- Counterfeit Currency
- Identity Theft
Business Watch Members will periodically receive “Informational Alerts” e-mail updates regarding crime trends, safety tips and any additional information deemed pertinent to the safety of your business and employees. These alerts can include real time crime information that could affect your business.
Contact the Community Services Unit at (925) 809-7780 if you would like to become a member of the Business Watch Program or click here to sign up on line.
SIGN UP TODAY!
Tips for Success
- Be alert to unusual or suspicious behavior in your business and in our community. If something seems odd or out of place report it.
- To report suspicious activity call the Brentwood Police Department’s dispatch center at (925) 778-2441. In the event of an emergency, call 911.
- Above all, GET INVOLVED! It is the most effective way to reduce and prevent crime in our community.