Under supervision of a Park/Maintenance Worker I, Park/Maintenance Worker II, and/or Senior Park/Maintenance Worker, will perform various park maintenance and janitorial tasks. The Park Leader will possess a strong orientation towards customer service. Works in close cooperation with Recreation and Administrative staff to coordinate hours of facility use and picnic area operation and set-up procedures.
Duties are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform the duties. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK WEEKENDS, EVENING HOURS, HOLIDAYS , AND FULFILL THEIR JOB DUTIES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SEASON.
- Operates general hand and power tools
- Maintains athletic activity areas (dragging, nail dragging, prepping) and other landscaped facilities for general public use.
- Performs field striping and in-field grooming and lining operations.
- Maintains park/facilities by blowing, power washing facilities, trash pick-up, graffiti removal and painting.
- Cleans and removes litter from park restrooms, parking lots and other public areas.
- Inspects and reports routine repairs/maintenance of drinking fountains, fences, gates, backstops, dugouts, benches, and bases, and ensures that all sites are safe for public use.
- Responsible for picnic reservations including posting reservation, monitoring area and routine maintenance.
- Opens and locks public facilities as directed.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Must be 18 years of age or older. Minimum of six months of increasingly responsible work in janitorial and facility maintenance. Capable of following written and oral instructions. Must have necessary skills to perform work, and use associated tools and equipment at City facilities. Must be familiar with athletic field layout, maintenance and renovation techniques, proper use and installation of all equipment associated with related use. Flexible and able to deal with the public in a positive manner. Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight.
Must possess a valid California Driver’s License with a good driving record.
$11.94 - 14.51 per hour, no benefits
$12.94 - $15.73 per hour, no benefits (Effective July 1, 2014.)
IMMIGRATION REFORM AND CONTROL ACT
To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, effective November 1986, all potential employees will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the United States.
Required City application may be obtained from City Hall, 150 City Park Way, Brentwood, CA 94513 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., by calling (925) 516-5188 or by accessing the City website at www.brentwoodca.gov. Applications for the position of Park Leader will be accepted until the position has been filled. Applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Division.
Applications will be screened and those applicants possessing the MOST DESIRABLE qualifications will be notified to participate in the examination process. The examination process may include a written test, hands-on computer test, oral interview, pre-employment physical examination, and/or background investigation. The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and these provisions are subject to change.
THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (Revised 2/14)