City of Brentwood
Home PageContact Us!Back

City of Brentwood - Human Resources - FAQ's City of Brentwood - Human Resources - FAQ's
Home City Administration Human Resources FAQ's
Human Resources FAQ's
If I submit a resume, do I still need to submit an employment application?
Yes, an application is a requirement of all recruitments. A resume will not substitute for an application or for the information requested on the application.

Where can I drop off my employment application?
You may drop off your application at 150 City Park Way, Brentwood. We do not have a drop off box for Human Resources. Please do not drop off your employment application after hours. You may also mail your application to the address above.

Where do I get a work permit for a high school student?
If you attend a high school in Brentwood, you may obtain a work permit at Liberty Union High School District Office, 20 Oak Street, (925) 634-2166. If you attend a high school outside of Brentwood, you may contact your local high school district office.

Where can I get a typing certificate?
We do not provide referrals for obtaining a typing certificate. We recommend checking your local Yellow Pages for community colleges, adult education centers or temporary employment agencies. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the typing certificate submitted meets our requirements.

When will I hear back from HR about the application I submitted?
Applicants will hear back from Human Resources within two to six weeks after the closing date. Applicants are welcome to call Human Resources at any time to check on the status of their application and/or a recruitment.

What do you mean by no postmarks?
“No postmarks” means that if we receive an application in the mail after the application deadline but postmarked by the application deadline, it will not be accepted. All applications must be in the Human Resources Office by the application deadline. Applications received by mail prior to or on the application deadline will be accepted.

Can I fax or email my application?
No. We do not accepted faxed or emailed employment applications at this time.

When do I turn in my DMV print-out?
Your DMV print-out must be submitted with your employment application and must be dated within two months of the application deadline for that particular recruitment. For example, if the recruitment deadline is on 7/31/09, the print-out may not be dated before 5/31/09. DMV print-outs received after the application deadline will not be accepted.

Where can I get a DMV print-out?
You may obtain a DMV print-out of your driving record at any DMV office.

Can I submit my employment application online?
No. You may obtain a City application on our website. You will need to print it out, sign it, and return it to the Human Resources Division.

Human Resources
150 City Park Way
Brentwood, CA 94513
(925) 516-5191
(925) 516-5409
(925) 516-5446
We do not accept applications by fax or e-mail.
Quick Links
Contact Us
About HR


Employment Application
Interest Cards
Job Descriptions/
Compensation Plan
Selection Process

Other Resources

History of Brentwood
Location of City Hall
Human Resources Division   
   (925) 516-5191
150 City Park Way   
   (925) 516-5409
Brentwood, CA 94513  
  (925) 516-5446