Notice of Election -
• NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Brentwood on Tuesday, November 2, 2010.
- Brentwood residents must be registered to vote by October 18, 2010 to be eligible to vote in the November 2, 2010 General Municipal Election. Voter registration forms are available in the City Clerk's Office.
- Polls are open 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Election Day, Tuesday, November 2, 2010.
• Two Council Member positions are open, 4 year terms, which expire November 2014.
• Qualifications for running: (1) must be a United States citizen (2) must be at least 18 years of age and (3) must be a registered voter within the City of Brentwood.
• Nomination Period: First date for securing nomination papers from the City Clerk's Office is Monday, July 12, 2010, and must be returned no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 6, 2010. The date will be extended to 5:00 p.m. on August 11, 2010, if incumbent Council Members do not file. Specific questions regarding this process should be addressed to the City Clerk at (925) 516-5440.
• It is recommended that interested citizens come into the City Clerk’s Office to review the election packet and processes with the City Clerk.
• Questions may be addressed to the City Clerk at (925) 516-5440.
Important Dates to Remember for Voters
October 18, 2010 Last day to register to Vote
October 4, 2010 First date to request absentee ballot
October 26, 2010 Last date to request absentee ballot
November 2, 2010 Election Day
Campaign Statement Filing Deadlines
Nominees For Public Office
Notice is hereby given that the following persons have been nominated for the offices herein mentioned to be filled at the General Municipal Election to be held in the City of Brentwood on the 2nd day of November, 2010:
City Council Member
Vote for Two
Scott M. Davis