CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEM
Meeting Date: March 27, 2007
Subject/Title: Approve the new tagline created by the Brentwood Advisory
Neighborhood Committee (BANC).
Submitted by: Brandon Richey, Council Member (Council Representative to
Approve the new tagline created by the Brentwood Advisory Neighborhood
On June 27, 2006, the City Council approved a resolution to adopt the
amended Mission Statement, Membership Requirements and the 2006/2007 Goals
for the Brentwood Advisory Neighborhood Committee.
BANC is an official advisory committee of the City of Brentwood that is made
up of residents from the city’s neighborhoods. The committee desires to
promote its mission statement and goals by adding a tagline after the
committee title to further emphasizes its mission. The Brentwood Advisory
Neighborhood Committee recommends the following statement as its new
tagline, “Bringing All Neighborhoods Closer”.
There is no fiscal impact as the tag line, if approved, will be added only
to new letters, documents and banners as they need to be replaced or
BANC Mission Statement /Membership Requirements/Goals
BRENTWOOD ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMITTEE
MISSION STATEMENT / MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS / GOALS
• Provide a voice for all neighborhoods to establish and maintain open
communication with City leaders.
• Help draw citizens of Brentwood together as a united community.
• Term: 3 years as approved by City Council upon a recommendation of the
BANC committee. All terms will respectfully end on the 31st of December of
the appropriate year.
• Meeting Requirements: Maximum of two unexcused absences per calendar year
are allowed. If a member has more than two unexcused absences during any
calendar year, the member is then dropped from committee.
• Neighborhoods: One representative from each recognized neighborhood.
• Quadrants: The City is divided into four quadrants, and there will be no
more than six members per quadrant at any given time on the BANC committee.
• Applicants: It is recommended that applicants attend a BANC meeting prior
to filling out and application and being considered for appointment.
Provide a recognition program for our community
• April – September: “Home of the Month”
• October: “Halloween Decorating Contest”
• December: “Home of the Season Lighting Contest”
Heighten community awareness of Advisory Committee through the following
• Participate in City parades
• Participate in new park grand openings
• Booth in CornFest “Information Alley”
• Participate in “Hometown Halloween” event
• Interactive City web site
• Decorate City holiday tree
• Participate in holiday tree lighting ceremony
• Local newspaper articles
• Formation/representatives on the City’s Citizens Emergency Response Team
Improve City appearance through volunteer work
• Creekside Cleanup
• Tree Planting
• Neighborhood Beautification