CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEM
Meeting Date: July 12, 2005
Subject/Title: Update on developer progress at Deer Ridge Subdivision
Prepared by: Randy Kidwell, Chief Building Official
Submitted by: Howard Sword, Director, Community Development Department
No recommendation at this time.
Direct Staff to:
• Resume issuing new home permits to the Deer Ridge Home Builders by
authorizing 106 permits to be issued immediately.
• Authorize staff to enter into a letter agreement with the remaining Home
Builders, KB Homes and D.R. Horton Home Builders, guaranteeing completion of
the remaining infrastructure improvements, secured by withholding the final
100 permits; 50 from each developer.
• Return to Council on a monthly basis with a progress report and possibly
authorizing additional permit releases.
Credible progress has been made at the Deer Ridge Subdivision.
• Spyglass is complete and open for traffic.
• Landscaping at the corner of Foothill and Balfour is complete.
• Plans for the Foothill extension and the John Muir Parkway extension have
been prepared by Bellecci and Associates and are with the Engineering
• Don Burton Construction Management has begun to enter into contract with
contractors to complete the subdivision improvement punch lists. Some
critical improvements have been completed, such as getting power to and
bringing on-line the irrigation controller servicing the southeast portion
of the project and the weed abatement.
• The Zone 3 Pump Station is complete and on-line.
• Final bridge railing and vehicle barrier designs have been submitted to
Engineering for plan review.
• Tank and pump station road has been designed and land acquisitions are in
• Ventura and Concord 66” storm drain and road improvement completed.
• Water tank landscaping design concept has been submitted to Engineering
Staff continues to meet weekly with all the participants to insure that the
process is on track and that details are not overlooked.
We are presently meeting our facility fee cash flow projections.