2010 Council Goals and Strategic Plan | City
Council Members | Calendar
of Events | Elections
CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
October 8, 2002 at 7:30 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance Beginning Resolution No. 2681
Roll Call Beginning Ordinance No. 724
A. Proclamation Proclaiming October, 2002, as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
B. Proclamation proclaiming October 13 through October 19, 2002, Teen Read Week.
C. New Employee Introductions and Oath of Allegiance.
D. Shepherd’s Gate and Signature Developers proposed battered women’s shelter.
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve Minutes of September 10, 2002 and September 24, 2002. (K. Diaz)
2. Approve a Resolution authorizing the closure of certain streets and establishing temporary no parking restrictions and tow away zones in order to facilitate the 2002 Hometown Halloween to be held October 26, 2002. (Lt. Martinez)
3. Approve a Resolution authorizing temporary closure of Fairview Avenue to northbound traffic from San Jose Avenue to Apricot Way for Sand Creek Road (Central), CIP Project No. 336-3061. (B. Grewal/D. Spekner)
4. Approve a Resolution approving a Memorandum of Understanding with Brentwood Ready Mix for the sale of a 2.5-acre site in the Sunset Industrial Complex. (H. Sword/D. Beougher/G. Rozenski)
5. Approve a Resolution awarding a construction contract to AA1 Services, Inc. for the Zone 1 Water Reservoir Coating Project, CIP Project No. 562-5602 in the amount of $335,000. (P.Zolfarelli/J.Majarucon)
6. Approve a Resolution approving a contract for design services with Bellecci & Associates for the design of Shady Willow Lane and Amber Lane, for the Northwest Quadrant Project, CIP Project No. 336-3127. (B. Grewal)
7. Approve a Resolution approving an agreement for purchase of a fee parcel with Liberty Union High School District, for a portion of real property identified as APN 013-050-009, generally located at Brentwood Boulevard (Highway 4) and Second Street, for the Brentwood Boulevard Curve, CIP Project No. 336-3100. (B. Grewal/M. Sullivan)
8. Approve a Resolution approving an agreement for purchase of a fee parcel with Golden Hills Community Church, Inc., for a portion of real property identified as APN 019-032-007, 019-032-008 and 019-040-043, generally located on the south side of Lone Tree Way, west of Shady Willow Lane for the Northwest Quadrant Infrastructure, CIP Project No. 336-3127. (B. Grewal/M. Sullivan)
9. Set the date of Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 6:00 p.m. for a joint workshop with Brentwood Youth Commission. (C. Bronzan)
10. Approve a Resolution accepting public improvements for maintenance, accepting the Subdivision Maintenance Bond and releasing the Subdivision Performance and Payment Bonds for Subdivision No. 8170, Richmond American Homes, located south of San Jose Avenue and west of Fairview Avenue. (B.Grewal/B.Bornstein/D.Boskovic)
11. Approve a Resolution accepting public improvements for maintenance, accepting the Subdivision Maintenance Bond and releasing the Subdivision Performance and Payment Bonds for Tuscany Unit #1, Beck Properties, Subdivision No. 7474, located south of San Jose Avenue and west of Fairview Avenue. (B.Grewal/B.Bornstein/D.Boskovic)
12. Approve a Resolution authorizing a Change Order with BFK Engineers Surveyors Planners in the amount of $34,400 and include 10% contingency for additional services for the New Police Facility, CIP Project No. 336-3110. (B. Grewal/M. Huber/M. Davies/K. King)
13. Waive second reading and adopt Ordinance 722 amending the Municipal Code pertaining to funding limits for Agricultural Preservation Program Administration. (M. Oshinsky)
14. Waive second reading and adopt an Ordinance 723 repealing Ordinance No. 709 concerning the rezone of approximately 133.1 acres (RZ 01-14) located north of Lone Tree Way, south of Neroly Road, and east of the Union Pacific Railroad tracks from a mix of Single Family Residential Estate (R-1-E), Single Family Residential (R-1), and Moderate Density Multi-Family Residential (R-2) to Planned Development (PD) 59 and adding Chapter 17.521 to the Brentwood Municipal Code which establishes development standards for six subareas within PD-59 known as subareas “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E” and “F”. (D. Beougher)
15. Approve a Resolution amending budgets for the Women’s Club and Water Treatment Plant to provide for re-roofing. (C. Bronzan/M. Merizon).
16. Approve a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Change Order with Harris and Associates in the amount of $108,200 and include 10% contingency for additional services for Brentwood Boulevard Widening, CIP Project No. 336-3054. (B. Grewal/E. Kim)
17. Approve a Resolution approving the Final Map of Subdivision No. 8416, Sunset Crossing, LLC (DeNova Homes), located east of Brentwood Boulevard and south of Sunset Road. (B. Grewal/B. Bornstein)
18. Approve a Resolution accepting the Public Works Master Plan and authorize the City Manager to solicit bids for the design and building of the facilities. (P.Zolfarelli/Director of Public Works)
19. Approve a Resolution supporting Measure BB, General Obligation Bond Measure on the November 5, 2002 ballot to fund the BART earthquake retrofit program. (W. Gomes)
20. Approve a Resolution accepting the work performed by M.A.T. and Sons Construction for the landscape improvements of the Brentwood Family Aquatics Complex Parking lot, CIP Project No. 522-5202. (C. Bronzan/K. DeSilva)
City of Brentwood City Council
150 City Park Way
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5441