CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEM NO.
Meeting Date: April 23, 2002
Subject/Title: Authorize the City Manager to amend the contract with Robert Taylor to provide concession services at the City of Brentwood Family Aquatic Complex and Sunset Park.
Submitted by: Craig Bronzan, Director of Parks & Recreation
Approved by: John Stevenson, City Manager
Approve the City Manager to amend the contract with Robert Taylor to provide concession services at the City of Brentwood Family Aquatic Complex and Sunset Park.
On April 26, 2001, the Parks & Recreation Commission accepted a recommendation for Parks & Recreation Department staff to negotiate with Mr. Robert Taylor to offer food services at the City of Brentwood Family Aquatic Complex. City Council approved the contract on May 22, 2001.
Mr. Robert Taylor has been providing concessionaire services at the Family Aquatic Complex since June 2001. During the past year staff has been working to try and find a concessionnaire service at Sunset Park for the months April through October instead of running the concession stand as a City venture. Staff has contacted vending companies and local non-profit groups to see if some one would be interested. There has been no interest expressed other than PONY Baseball, who considered the proposal this winter but declined.
Staff contacted Mr. Taylor to see if he would be interested in expanding his operations to include Sunset Park and he has expressed an interest through a proposal dated March 18, 2002. With the future expansion and renovation of Sunset Park in consideration, staff is recommending an amendment to the original agreement for the Family Aquatic Complex to include Sunset Park, following the same conditions are the original contract that runs through June 9, 2004, with the following exceptions:
Exhibit “B” “Scope of Work” for Sunset Park
1. Concessionaire shall begin work no later than May 4th, 2002 and be completed by June 9, 2004.
2. Concessionaire shall pay the City ten-percent revenue on gross proceeds for the first year of the contract, paid on a monthly basis. This financial agreement to be renegotiated for the second and third year of the agreement.
3. Concessionaire shall have use of the concession room at Sunset Park to use and store supplies and equipment and is solely responsible for securing them in the concession room. It is the responsibility of the concessionaire to keep the room in a clean manner and repair or reimburse the City for any damage that may occur.
4. City will provide and pay for electricity to the concession room and will provide use of the washbasin.
5. Concessionaire shall be the exclusive vendor at events at Sunset Park other than vending machines that may be placed on site by the City.
6. Concessionaire will negotiate a schedule for business with the Director of Parks and Recreation, setting dates and hours of operation that serve the patrons of the facility in a manner that is cost effective for the concessionaire.
7. Items for sale will be proposed by the concessionaire and approved by the Director of Parks and Recreation.
8. Concessionaire will notify City of all equipment brought into the concession room.
9. Concessionaire will work with the Park Services Manager to provide a key access for entry and alarm system so that the concession room is separated from the rest of the facility.
With City Council approval, staff will execute an amendment as “Exhibit B” to the original contract dated May 14, 2001.
Will provide revenue that will be credited to Sunset Park.
March 18, 2002 Proposal