CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
September 11, 2001 at 7:00 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Beginning Resolution No. 2356
Beginning Ordinance No. 687
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
CLOSED SESSION 7:00 – 7:30
Conference with Legal Counsel:
Existing litigation pursuant to Gov’t Code Section 54956.9(a) - D.E. Blanchini, Inc. v. City of Brentwood, Office of Administrative Hearings, Case No. A-0038-00.
A. Proclamation proclaiming October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
B. Proclamation proclaiming September 15 – October 15 as National Hispanic Heritage Month.
C. New Employee Introductions and Oaths of Office.
D. Appointments and Oaths of Office of Youth Commissioners
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
- Approve Minutes of August 28, 2001. (K. Diaz)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing the closure of certain
streets to facilitate the 2001 Liberty High School Homecoming Parade on September 28, 2001. (L. Shaw)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing the closure of certain streets to facilitate the Brentwood Arts Commission 2001 Downtown Barbecue Fundraiser on September 22, 2001. (L. Shaw)
- Approve a Resolution approving the Final Map of Subdivision 8278 Deer Ridge Country Club Village “K” (Lafferty Homes) located south of Balfour Road and west of Concord Avenue, accepting the improvement security, and approving the Subdivision Improvement Agreement. (J. Stevenson/B. Bornstein)
- Approve a Resolution adopting City Council Policy No. 10-9; City Vehicle Operating Procedure Policy. (P. Ehler)
- Approve a Resolution amending City Council Policy No.
10-8, Employee Computer Purchase Program. (P. Ehler)
- Approve an agreement for payment of contract services with
Brentwood Partners LLC for Environmental Impact Report for Lone Tree Center project on Lone Tree, east of Empire. (M. Oshinsky)
- Approve an Agreement for contract services with EIP Associates for Environmental Impact Report for Lone Tree Center project on Lone Tree, east of Empire. (M. Oshinsky)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing funding of an Administrative Assistant II for the Economic Development Department to provide administrative/clerical support for the tenants of the Brentwood Education and Technology Center. (H. Sword/P. Standley)
- Approve an agreement between the City of Brentwood and
Brentwood Union School District relating to Joint Use of Facilities. (C. Bronzan/D. Beougher)
- Approve second reading of an Ordinance No. 686 amending Chapter
2.08, Section 2.08/010 of the Municipal Code pertaining to the monthly compensation of members of the City Council. (J. Elam)
- Approve second reading of Ordinance No. 684 amending Section 9.48.075 of the Brentwood Municipal Code adopting Rules and Regulations pertaining to the Skate Park (C. Bronzan/K. DeSilva)
- Approve second reading of Ordinance No. 685 approving zoning amendment establishing development standards for a tentative subdivision map (TSM 8408) located west of Fairview Avenue and south of Apricot Way. (M. Oshinsky/M. Leana)
- Approve a Resolution amending Resolution No. 2326 pertaining to the Residential Growth Management Program. (M. Oshinsky)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing a Purchase Agreement with
Andrade for property generally located on the north side of Sand Creek Road near the Highway 4 Bypass. (Developer Improvements -Sand Creek Road Widening ll – Bypass Project) (J. Stevenson/M. Kirby/D. Beougher)
Persons addressing the Council are asked to file their name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. The Council may adopt reasonable regulations at the onset of the public hearing to facilitate public testimony. These regulations may include time limits. In the absence of such regulations, the public hearing shall follow the protocol for Citizen Comments.
- Consideration of an appeal for TSM 8281 for
Currin/Martin Development, located north of the proposed New Sand Creek Road and east of Fairview Avenue. (M. Oshinsky/J. Zilm)
- Consideration of an Ordinance approving an amendment to Planned
Development No. 20 by adding development standards for Tentative Subdivision Map 8352 located west of Concord Avenue and south of Balfour Road. (M. Oshinsky/J. Zilm)
- Consideration of a resolution adopting the 2001/02 Cost Allocation Plan & Schedule of City Fees. (P. Ehler)
JOINT CITY COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY PUBLIC HEARING
- Joint Public Hearing of the City Council and the Governing Board
of the Redevelopment Agency on the proposed financing through the Brentwood Infrastructure Financing Authority of public capital improvements in the City of Brentwood and in the Merged Redevelopment Project Area. (P. Ehler)
- Approve second reading of Ordinance No. 683, adopting Chapter
17.730 (Agricultural Land Conservation) of the Zoning Code. (M. Oshinsky)
- Set a date to meet with the Park and Recreation Commission to review the draft Parks, Trails and Recreation Master Plan. (C. Bronzan)
- Approve a resolution authorizing the execution and delivery of a Site Lease, a Facilities Lease and a Continuing Disclosure Agreement in connection with the issuance by the Brentwood Infrastructure Financing Authority of its Capital Improvement Revenue Bonds, Series 2001 and the refunding of its Capital Improvement Program Bonds, Series 1996; making certain findings and determinations; and authorizing certain other actions in connection therewith. (P. Ehler)
- Discussion and approval of Park and Recreation Commission recommendations for the naming of select park sites (C. Bronzan/K. DeSilva).
- Review and award bid for the construction of the Pavement
Management Program, CIP Project No. 336-3083, for fiscal year 2001/2002. (J. Stevenson/S. Peiris/M. Huber)
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
REQUESTS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.