CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEM NO. 20
Meeting Date: August 28, 2001
Subject/Title: Approving a Resolution Amending Resolution 2298
Submitted by: Community Development (Oshinsky/Leana)
Approved by: Jon Elam, City Manager
Approve a Resolution amending Resolution 2298
At its meeting on May 22, 2001 the City Council approved Resolution 2298 initiating the annexation of the 3.4 acre Christ parcel, located at 550 Creek Road. Subsequent to this action and the filing of the annexation application with Lafco, staff found out that it is also necessary to annex Mr. Christ’s property to
Amended Resolution and map of property
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 2298 INITIATING AN APPLICATION TO THE LOCAL AGENCY FORMATION COMMISSION (LAFCO) FOR THE CHRIST ANNEXATION (NO. A01-02) TO THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD AND THE CONCURRENT ANNEXATION TO THE EAST CONTRA COSTA COUNTY IRRIGATION DISTRICT. THE PROPERTY IS LOCATED AT 550 CREEK ROAD (APN 010-040-003).
WHEREAS, the City of Brentwood desires to initiate proceedings pursuant to the Cortese-Know Local Government Reorganization Act of 1985, Division 3, commencing with Section 56000 of the California Government Code, for property in the north east portion of its planning area; and
WHEREAS, R.W. and C.L. Christ (“Applicant”) have applied for approval of an annexation of approximately 3.4 acres; and
WHEREAS, the reasons for this proposed annexation are as follows:
1. This annexation is a logical and reasonable extension of the corporate limits of the City of Brentwood and the East Contra Costa Irrigation District as it is infill property.
2. The subject property is bounded on three sides by the existing City limits.
3. The proposal is in conformance with and further implements the goals and policies of the 1993 Brentwood General Plan.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the City Council of the City of Brentwood finds that each of the foregoing recitals are true and correct:
1. The proposed annexation as a 1-lot annexation qualifies as a Categorical annexation under Section 15319 of the CEQA guidelines.
2. Pursuant to Section 57000 et. Seq. Of the Government Code, the City Council of the City of Brentwood authorizes initiating annexation application No. A 01-02 to LAFCO annexing approximately 3.4 acres located at 550 Creek Road to the City of Brentwood and the East Contra Costa Irrigation District.
3. This request for a change of organization is instituted by the City of Brentwood. All notices to this proceeding should be sent to the City Clerk, 150 City Park Way, Brentwood, CA 94513.
4. Annexation of the property does not assure immediate availability of necessary public facilities and services.
5. The City of Brentwood and County of Contra Costa have previously negotiated a property tax exchange agreement for the division of property taxes, accruing from territory annexed to the City, in accordance with Part 0.5 (commending with Sec. 95), Division 1 of the Revenue and Taxation Code of the State of California. If further negations are required, the City Manager of the City of Brentwood, or his designated representative, is hereby authorized and directed to undertake such negotiations.
6. The City Clerk shall cause a certified copy of the resolution to be filed with the Executive Officer of the Contra Costa County Local Agency Formation Commission.
PASSED, APPROVED AND ADOPTED by the City Council of the City of Brentwood at a regular meeting on the 28th day of August 2001 by the following vote:
AYES: Council members Beckstrand, Petrovich, Hill and Mayor McPoland
ABSENT: Council member Gomes
Michael A. McPoland, Sr.
Karen Diaz, CMC