CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
August 14, 2001 at 7:00 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Beginning Resolution No. 2336
Beginning Ordinance No. 681
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
CLOSED SESSION 7:00 – 7:30
Conference with Legal Counsel:
Existing litigation pursuant to Gov’t Code Section 54956.9(a) - California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region, Administrative Civil Liability Complaint No. 5-01-523
A. Certificates of Commendation for the Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship Awards.
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
- Approve Minutes of July 24 and
August 2, 2001. (K. Diaz)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing and approving
the application for grant funds for the Roberti-Z’Berg-Harris Urban Open Space and Recreation Program under the Safe Neighborhood Parks, Clean Water, Clean Air, and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2000 (Proposition 12). (C. Bronzan/K. Wahl).
- Approve a Resolution authorizing the Department Directors and/or the City Attorney to prepare ordinance summaries for publication pursuant to California Government Code Section 36933. (K. Diaz)
- Set September 11, 2001 as the public hearing date to
consider the appeal by Horace and Norrine Siino concerning Tentative Subdivision Map (TSM) No. 8281 subdividing 44.03 acres into 132 single family detached lots, located south of Lone Tree Way, west of Fairview Avenue and north of the EBMUD Aqueduct. (M. Oshinsky/J. Zilm)
- Approve a Resolution approving the Final Map of Subdivision
8305, Brentwood Lake Unit 5 (Brookfield Homes) located north of Balfour Road and east of East Country Club Drive. (J. Stevenson/B. Bornstein)
- Approve a Resolution approving the Final Map of Subdivision 8210, Brentwood Lake Unit 4 (Brookfield Homes) located north of Balfour Road and east of East Country Club Drive. (J. Stevenson/B. Bornstein)
- Approve a Resolution approving an agreement for purchase of a fee parcel with members of the Sciortino family for property generally located east of Brentwood Boulevard between Applewood Common and Nancy Street, related to Brentwood Boulevard Widening (ISTEA), CIP Project No. 336-3054. (J. Stevenson/M. Kirby)
- Authorize payment of $250 for weed abatement services for parcel number 013-212-008. (M. Oshinsky/L. Kidwell)
- Award Construction Contract for Building Improvements
for 118 and 120 Oak Street, CIP Project No. 336-3090 to the McDonald Glen Co. in the amount of $416,019.00 and grant the City Manager authority to execute change orders up to 10% of the contract amount. (M. Oshinsky/L. Kidwell)
- Authorize the City Manager to execute a contract with
McGill Martin Self, Inc. to assist the City in the preparation of an application to the Inter-Regional Partnership for designation of an Opportunity Zone. (H. Sword)
- Update of City Council strategic goals and objectives. (K. Diaz)
Persons addressing the Council are asked to file their name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. The Council may adopt reasonable regulations at the onset of the public hearing to facilitate public testimony. These regulations may include time limits. In the absence of such regulations, the public hearing shall follow the protocol for Citizen Comments.
- Consideration of an Ordinance adopting an Agricultural Enterprise Program. (M. Oshinsky/W. Rhodes)
(To be continued to August 16, 2001 at 7:00 pm)
- Consideration of a General Plan Amendment (GPA 00-02)
and Rezoning (RZ 00-05) and an amendment to the Garin Ranch Specific Plan relating to the development of the Sciortino property, located on the north side of Oak Street adjacent to the Liberty High School Athletic fields. (M. Oshinsky/M. Leana)
- Consideration of an Annexation (A 01-01) and Prezone
(RZ 01-02) of 8 acres and a General Plan Amendment (GPA 00-05), Rezoning (RZ 01-02) and an amendment to the Garin Ranch Specific Plan relating to the development of the Yamanaka property, located at the northeast corner of Chestnut Street and Garin Parkway and extending between Chestnut Street and Sycamore Avenue. (M. Oshinsky/M. Leana)
- Consideration of a Resolution adopting the 2000 Urban
Water Management Plan. (J. Carlson/J. Majarucon)
- Discussion and direction for priority use of the Family Aquatic Complex. (C. Bronzan/S. Barry)
- Discussion concerning establishing rules and regulations for the Skate Park. (C. Bronzan/K. DeSilva)
- Designate Councilmembers as voting delegate and
alternate voting delegate at the League of California Cities annual business meeting on September 15, 2001 in Sacramento. (J. Elam/K. Diaz)
- Discussion concerning membership boundaries for
the Arts Commission members. (C. Bronzan/S. Barry)
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
REQUESTS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.