CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
June 26, 2001 at 7:00 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Beginning Resolution No. 2316
Beginning Ordinance No. 673
CALL TO ORDER
CLOSED SESSION 7:00 – 7:30
Conference with Legal Counsel:
Anticipated litigation pursuant to Gov’t Code Section 54956.9(b): one case
A. Present Cornfest Sponsor shirts to the City Council. (Greg Robinson)
B. Certificates of Recognition to members of the Lightening East Diablo Youth Soccer League
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
- Approve Minutes of June 12, 2001. (K. Diaz)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing the City Manager
to renew the annual sewer service standby charge on vacant parcels within the city limits for Fiscal Year 2001/02. (J. Carlson)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing the City
Manager to renew the annual water service standby charge on vacant parcels within the city limits for Fiscal Year 2001/02. (J. Carlson)
- Approve second reading of Ordinance No. 672 approving a Settlement and Development Agreement between the City of Brentwood and Blackhawk/Nunn. (D. Beougher)
- Approve second reading of Ordinance No. 673 amending Planned Development No. 47 creating development standards for Subarea “B” within PD-47 allowing for the construction of a 19,950 sq. ft. office, commercial and flex tech building on a 1.32 acre site, located west of Walnut Boulevard and south of Continente Avenue. (M. Oshinsky/J. Zilm)
- Authorize the City Manager to approve a change order in the amount of $24,000 with Granite Construction for completion of CIP project 336-3123, Oak and Third Street Improvements, and amend the CIP budget. (J. Stevenson/S.
- Approve a Resolution accepting the offers
of dedication in fee and accepting all the public improvements for maintenance for the Park (Lot #14 of 8323 Final Map), by Lee Hancock Construction Inc., located north of Balfour Road and west of East Country Club Drive. (J. Stevenson/D. Boskovic)
- Approve a Resolution for payment of cost
associated with the acceptance of work performed by J & M, Inc. for improvements to Water and Sewer Lines, Lone Tree Way, CIP Project No. 336-3129, and authorize a loan from the City of Brentwood to the Redevelopment Agency. (J. Elam/J. Stevenson/M. Huber)
- Approve a Resolution authorizing the City
Manager to execute contract amendments for the extension of time for 14 professional design and service agreements, reflecting a new contract termination date of June 30, 2002. (J. Stevenson/M. Huber)
- Approve a Resolution approving and authorizing
the City Manager to execute the "No Right of Way" Certification for Lone Tree Way Overlay/Improvements Project, CIP #336-3130. (J. Stevenson/K. Wahl)
- Authorize the City Engineer to execute a Consultant Services Agreement with William R. Gray & Company for the preparation of a Project Study Report in an amount not to exceed $40,000 and with Bellecci & Associates, Inc. for civil engineering planning services in an amount not to exceed $36,164 for preparation of a Project Study Report Equivalent for the future widening of Lone Tree Way between Fairview Avenue and Brentwood Boulevard, and amend the CIP budget sheet to initiate the project. (J. Stevenson/K. Wahl)
- Approve a Resolution amending City Council Resolution No. 90-145 adding an additional area to the North Brentwood Redevelopment Survey Area and redescribing the boundaries of said Redevelopment Survey Area. (P. Ehler)
- Consideration of an Ordinance approving the Mitigated Negative Declaration, General Plan Amendment, Rezone and Development Agreement for a 57 acre medical/office/residential and retail Special Planning Area and Planned Development for John Muir/Mt. Diablo Health System, located on the south side of Balfour Road, west of existing Concord Avenue. (M. Oshinsky)
Persons addressing the Council are asked to file their name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. The Council may adopt reasonable regulations at the onset of the public hearing to facilitate public testimony. These regulations may include time limits. In the absence of such regulations, the public hearing shall follow the protocol for Citizen Comments.
- Consideration of an Ordinance adding section 9.48.075 to the Municipal Code requiring the wearing of safety gear at the skate park. (C. Bronzan/J. Hansen)
- Consideration of a Resolution confirming the existence of a public nuisance by reason of keeping noxious weeds, creating a potential fire hazard on various properties throughout the City, and authorizing staff to contract for the abatement of certain parcels in noncompliance. (M. Oshinsky/L. Kidwell)
- Continued consideration of Ordinances amending Planned Development (PD) 40 and 42. (M. Oshinsky/D. Hill)
a. Zoning Amendment to Planned Development 40 eliminating the area designated as Subarea “B”. This property is generally located south of Sand Creek Road and west of Brentwood Boulevard.
b. Zoning Amendment to Planned Development 42, adding the area designated as Subarea “B” of PD-40 and adopting development standards for the Planned Development.
- Approve a Resolution amending
Resolution No. 2198 increasing the deposit amount for hydrant meters from $750.00 to $2,500.00. (P. Ehler/D. Dwyer)
- Consideration of an Ordinance adopting an Agricultural Enterprise Program. (M. Oshinsky/W. Rhodes)
- Discussion regarding barking dogs.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
REQUESTS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.