CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
March 27, 2001 at 7:30 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Conference with Legal Counsel - existing litigation pursuant to Gov’t Code Section 54956.9(a): Judy Letbetter; et al. vs. City of Brentwood, et al.; United States District Court Northern District of California ; Case No. C-99-4472-SBA
Conference with Legal Counsel - Pending litigation pursuant to Gov’t Code Section 54957(e): Anita Jones vs. City of Brentwood
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance Beginning Resolution No. 2256
Roll Call Beginning Ordinance No. 661
Automated External Defibrillator (L. Shaw/P. Slay)
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
- Approve Minutes of March 13,
2001. (K. Diaz)
- Approve a Resolution approving the Purchase Agreement with Frank Maggiore, Martin Maggiore and Cindi Brown for Fairview Improvements/Traffic Signal at Minnesota, CIP Project No. 336-3120. (J. Stevenson/M. Kirby/S. Peiris/S. Gronlund)
- Award the construction contract for phase II site
improvements to Well #14, CIP Project No. 562-5615, to Clayborn Contracting Group, Inc. in the amount of $301,828.00. (J. Stevenson/P. Eldredge)
- Approve a Resolution approving Final Map of
Subdivision 8462-Harvest Glen located south of Balfour Road and east of Fairview Avenue. (J/Stevenson/D. Boskovic)
- Authorize the funding of $50,000 to PG&E for
the engineering of relocation of 22” high-pressure gas transmission line for the Sand Creek (Central), CIP Project No. 336-3061. (J. Stevenson/S. Gronlund)
- Closure of certain streets to facilitate the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church Easter Pilgrimage (L. Shaw)
- Approve the City of Brentwood’s Youth Commission Youth Interest Survey (C. Bronzan/P. Scherff/D. Lang).
- Approve a Resolution declaring official intent to reimburse improvement expenditures for the property located at 101 West Sand Creek Road from proceeds of indebtedness. (P. Ehler)
- Approve the creation of a subcommittee for special park projects with the designation of Mayor Mc Poland and Councilmember Petrovich as members. (J. Elam)
- Appoint Drew Hanson to the Neighborhood Committee to fill a vacancy created by an appointment to the Planning Commission. (J. Elam)
- Authorize the City Manager to purchase long lead time traffic signal equipment in the amount not to exceed $75,000 for the Central Boulevard/Griffith Lane Signal, CIP Project No. 336-3057, and amend the CIP Budget to reflect expenditures to be made during this fiscal year. (J. Stevenson/ S.
- Authorize the City Manager to send a petition to PUC
to protest the Suspension of Undergrounding Projects Funded by Rule 20A. (D. Beougher/ S. Peiris)
- Appoint Karen Rarey as the City’s representative to the
Contra Costa County Transportation Authority’s (CCTA) Citizen Advisory Committee. (J. Elam)
Persons addressing the Council are asked to file their name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. The Council may adopt reasonable regulations at the onset of the public hearing to facilitate public testimony. These regulations may include time limits. In the absence of such regulations, the public hearing shall follow the protocol for Citizen Comments.
- Appeal of Arco Products Company relating to the conditions of approval for Suncal Property, TSM 7690. (J. Stevenson/B. Grewal/B. Bornstein) Cancelled appeal withdrawn by applicant.
- Approve a Resolution amending Resolution No. 2198 revising the City’s services fees to include fees for passport photos and certain planning fees (M. Oshinsky/K. Diaz) To be continued.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to amend Chapter 3.30 to
increase maximum monetary limits to $100,000 for Public Works projects. (D. Beougher)
- Consideration of an Ordinance amending Chapter 2.24
Personnel System, Section 2.24.030 applicability of system. (P. Standley)
- Approve a request of the Brentwood Cornfest Committee for sponsorship of $50,000 funding to be included in the 2001/02 City budget. (J. Elam)
- Consider request by the Apple Hill Association to extend police traffic control to the private streets of Apple Hill. (J. Elam)
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
REQUESTS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY AGENDA