CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
March 13, 2001 at 7:30 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Beginning Resolution No. 2247
Ordinance No. 661
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call Beginning
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
Minutes of February 27, 2001. (K. Diaz)
- Approve a Resolution supporting legislation sponsored
by Assemblywoman Lynn Leach concerning authorized use of design build contracting for construction projects as an alternative bidding procedure. (D. Beougher)
- Authorize the City Manager to execute a contract in the amount of $40,000 with Vavrinek, Trine, Day & Co. for accounting services to include the 2000/01 City audit, 2000/01 Redevelopment Agency audit and the Government Accounting Standard Boards new financial reporting model (G.A.S.B. 34) update and training. (P. Ehler)
- Second reading of Ordinance No. 660 rezoning approximately 2.544 acres from High Density Residential District to the Regional Commercial District (RZ 00-01) located on the south side of Sand Creek Road, approximately 400 feet west of Highland Way. Applicant: Vasco Group, L.P. (M. Oshinsky/E. Nolthenius)
- Approve a Resolution amending Resolution No. 2194 to include a portion of APN 010-490-029 with Centex Homes for a Trail Head. (J. Stevenson/M. Kirby/C. Bronzan))
- Approve the Grant of Easement with East Bay Municipal Utilities District for Fairview Improvements/Traffic Signal at Minnesota, CIP 336-3120. (J. Stevenson/M. Kirby/S. Peiris /S. Gronlund)
- Authorize execution of a Consultant Services Agreement with Cordoba Consulting, Inc. for project management services for three federally funded transportation projects. (J. Stevenson/K. Wahl)
- Approve a Resolution approving execution of a Program Supplement Agreement Covering Preliminary Engineering Costs for Walnut Boulevard Widening, CIP Project No. 336-3056. (J. Stevenson/K. Wahl)
- Approve a Resolution revising page 15 of the Brentwood Employee Handbook providing specific language regarding Unclassified Employees. (P. Standley)
- Approve a Resolution supporting Contra Costa Countyís
Glassy-Winged Sharpshooter Pest Eradication Effort (M. Oshinsky /W. Rhodes)
- Approve a request of the Brentwood Cornfest Committee for sponsorship of $50,000 funding to be included in the 2001/02 City budget. (J. Elam)
- Approve extension of time requirement in Section 2.8 of the Jeffry Development Agreement to the date certain of August 31, 2001. (H. Sword)
- Approve New Solid Waste Disposal/Processing Pricing
Proposal from Allied Waste Systems (T. Head/J. Carlson)
- Authorize temporary road closures at Oak and Third
Streets for improvements, CIP Project No. 336-3123. (J. Stevenson/S.
- Approve a Resolution approving a written report describing
the measures taken to alleviate the threat to the public health, safety or welfare that led to the adoption of Interim Urgency Ordinance No. 659, which established a 45 day moratorium on development approvals for housing projects in the Northwest General Plan Ė Special planning Study Area. (M. Oshinsky)
- Review the Brentwood Education and Technology Center
(BETC) Proforma; authorize the City Manager to execute a Construction Management Contract with RGM and Associates; adopt the Line Item Bid Package Cost Summary and authorize the City Manager to execute all contracts under $25,000 and contracts under $100,000 provided they do not exceed the budget amount by more than 10%. (H. Sword)
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
REQUESTS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Conference with Legal Counsel - Pending litigation pursuant to Govít Code Section 54957(e): Anita Jones vs. City of Brentwood
Conference with Legal Counsel - Anticipated litigation pursuant to Govít Code Section 54956.9(b): one case
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the Cityís Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY AGENDA