REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY AGENDA ITEM NO. 3
Meeting Date: February 27, 2001
Subject/Title: Potential Project List
Submitted by: Jon Elam, Executive Director
Approved by: Jon Elam, Executive Director
Review and make recommendations from attached list for Redevelopment Agency projects.
One of the City’s priorities for 2001 from the January workshop was to develop a potential list of Redevelopment projects.
With help from staff we bring forth a list of 13 potential projects. These have not been evaluated or ranked, thus it is a very raw list of ideas of which you may want to add to.
There is no doubt though that together they would far exceed the funding resources that may be available (13.5 million dollars).
POTENTIAL LIST FOR REDEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Ground floor retail/two level parking garage on Second Street between Oak and Maple
- SPA B Infrastructure (Security for Infrastructure Bank Loan)
- Sunset Industrial Complex (Security for Infrastructure Bank Loan)
- E-Bart grade separation(s)
- Brentwood Center (Potential participation in work such as facade/sitework/monument signage
- Brentwood Plaza (potential participation in work such as facade/sitework/monument signage
- Downtown rehabilitation projects (Public/private partnerships)
- Highway 4 improvements (sidewalks, curbs, roadways)
- Property clean-up on Brentwood Boulevard
- Extension of water and sewer services to zoned development sites
- Amend the area to include a strip along Lone Tree Way from Brentwood Boulevard westerly to the Bypass. This area is about to develop and could generate major increment for the City.
- Include the Sunset Road realignment as a project in order to free up Roadway funds for other projects.
- The one major area in town that needs housing redevelopment is Davis Camp