CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
February 27, 2001 at 7:30 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
Beginning Resolution No. 2236
Beginning Ordinance No. 660
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
A. Mathias Lallas of Brentwood's Troop 93 concerning support his Eagle Project Blood Drive on Thursday, March 29, 2001 at the Veteran's Hall.
B. Presentation regarding the due date and mailing date of monthly utility bills. (P. Ehler/D. Dwyer)
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
- Approve Minutes of January 23,
- Approve a Resolution approving a Reimbursement Agreement with California Sun Ė Brentwood, LLC, for costs associated with Master Plan Facility Improvements, Tentative Subdivision 7690. (J. Stevenson/L.Vargas/P.Ehler)
- Approve a Resolution approving a Reimbursement
Agreement with Hofmann Land Development Company for costs associated with Master Plan Park Facility Improvements, Subdivision 8055 and 8176. (J. Stevenson/L.Vargas/P. Ehler)
- Approve a Resolution approving and authorizing the City Manager to execute Program Supplement Agreement Noís. 018, 019, 020 to State-Local Partnership Program Agreement SLTPP-5300 for State reimbursement of three transportation construction projects. (J. Stevenson/K. Wahl)
- Approve a
Resolution approving the Purchase Agreement with John & Marlys Carlisle for Sand Creek Road, CIP Project No. 336-3061. (J. Stevenson/M. Kirby/S. Gronlund)
- Approve a Resolution approving Final Map of Subdivision 8085-Summerset at Brentwood Country Club located south of Balfour Road and east of Fairview Avenue. (J. Stevenson/B. Bornstein)
- Approve a Resolution accepting the offers of dedication of various parcels as shown on the Final Map, and accepting public improvements for maintenance for Subdivision 8017, Pulte Homes Discovery Unit #1, located south of Balfour Road and east of Fairview Avenue. (J. Stevenson/B. Grewal/D. Boskovic)
- Approve a Resolution accepting the offers of dedication of various
parcels as shown on the Final Map, and accepting public improvements for maintenance for Subdivision 8022, Pulte Homes Discovery Unit #2, located south of Balfour Road and east of Fairview Avenue. (J. Stevenson/B. Grewal/D. Boskovic)
- Approve a Resolution adjusting pay ranges for Park and Recreation Department part-time/seasonal classifications and adopting pay structure linked to minimum wage (P. Standley/ C. Bronzan)
- Approve a Resolution adopting the classification description and salary
range for the position of Redevelopment/Economic Development Analyst (P.Standley/J.Elam)
- Second reading of Ordinance No. 657 adopting a new fee for sanitary sewer
connections in the area deannexed from Ironhouse Sanitary District. (J. Stevenson/D. Beougher)
- Second reading of Ordinance No. 658 amending Brentwood Municipal Code
12.08.425(D) pertaining to Sidewalk Maintenance Responsibilities. (D. Beougher)
- Consideration of a resolution authorizing a loan between the City of Brentwood
and the Brentwood Redevelopment Agency to fund an expansion of community room space within the Sycamore Place Apartments. (P. Ehler)
- Authorize funding of $36,213 to relocate PG&E facilities for the construction
of the new traffic signal at Fairview Avenue and Minnesota Avenue (CIP No. 336-3120) and authorize the City Manager to execute an agreement with PG&E to perform the work. (J. Elam/S. Gronlund)
- Authorize the City Attorney to add the City to an amicus brief in San Remo Hotel
v. City and County of San Francisco. (D. Beougher)
Persons addressing the Council are asked to file their name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. The Council may adopt reasonable regulations at the onset of the public hearing to facilitate public testimony. These regulations may include time limits. In the absence of such regulations, the public hearing shall follow the protocol for Citizen Comments.
- Consideration of an Ordinance to rezone approximately 2.544
acres from High Density Residential District to the Regional Commercial District (RZ 00-01) located on the south side of Sand Creek Road, approximately 400 feet west of Highland Way. Applicant: Vasco Group, L.P. (M. Oshinsky/E.
- Approve a Resolution approving the Roddy Ranch Non-Potable Waterline Reimbursement Agreement. (J. Stevenson/B.
- Approve a Resolution approving the form and content of the Northwest Quadrant Infrastructure Design Engineering Fee Reimbursement Agreement and related actions; CIP Project No, 336-3127. (J. Stevenson/P. Eldredge)
- Consideration of application of an out of area agreement to
extend City water and sewer service as requested by the owner of the parcel located at 2800 Anderson Lane (APN 018-090-021). (J.Elam)
- Consideration of Park & Recreation Commission recommendation
concerning the award of the bid for the Brentwood Skate Track, CIP No. 522-5213. (C. Bronzan/J. Hansen)
- Approve an employment agreement between Police Chief Shaw
and the City of Brentwood. (J. Elam)
- Discussion concerning the Moratorium on residential development in
the northwest area of the City. (J. Elam)
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
REQUESTS FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Conference with Legal Counsel:
Existing litigation pursuant to Govít Code Section 54956.9(a): Finley-Tassajara Corp. v. County of Contra Costa, et al., CCC Sup. Ct. No. MSC00-03704 and related cases
Pending litigation pursuant to Govít Code Section 54957(e): Anita Jones vs. City of Brentwood
Anticipated litigation pursuant to Govít Code Section 54956.9(b): one case
ADJOURN to February 28, 2001 at 7:00 p.m.
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the Cityís Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.