2010 Council Goals and Strategic Plan | City
Council Members | Calendar
of Events | Elections
CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
July 11, 2000 at 7:30 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER Beginning Resolution No. 2110 Beginning Ordinance No. 639
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
2. Approve Warrant Nos. 51352 – 51279.
3. Approve assignment of certain rights from Kaufman & Broad Northern California and others to Kaufman & Broad South Bay for Subdivisions 8199 and 8342. (D. Beougher)
4. Authorize the City Engineer to execute an agreement with G.S. Dodson & Associates for office engineering services during construction of the Wastewater Treatment Plant, CIP No. 592-5911, in an amount not to exceed $1,299,220. (J. Stevenson/P. Eldredge)
5. Award of contract to Harris and Associates in the amount of $473,721.37 for design of Brentwood Boulevard Widening (ISTEA), CIP Project No. 336-3054. (J. Stevenson/S. Gronlund)
6. Approve an agreement with Contra Costa County and East Diablo Fire Protection District for lease of New Fire Station #52, CIP Project No. 336-3109. (J. Stevenson/D. Beougher/T. Wooten)
7. Approve a resolution approving the Amended Contra Costa Joint Municipal NPDES Program Agreement (1998-2003) to include the City of Oakley. (J. Stevenson/T. Wooten)
8. Approve a resolution approving a Reimbursement Agreement with Hofmann Land Development Company for costs associated with Master Plan Facility Improvements for Subdivisions 8055 and 8176 in Spa ‘L’. (J. Stevenson/L. Vargas/P. Ehler)
9. Approve a resolution approving a Reimbursement Agreement with Pulte Home Corporation and William Lyon Homes for construction of trail along eastern boundary of Subdivisions 8196, 8197 and 8178 in Spa ‘L’. (J. Stevenson/L. Vargas/B. Bornstein/P. Ehler)
10. Approve a resolution supporting Senate Bill 1809, the Balanced Transportation for Livable Communities Act of 2000. (C. Bronzan)
11. Set July 25, 2000 as the public hearing for the appeal of a Planning Commission decision denying CUP 89-14B and Variance 00-03; Tower Mart, 8750 Brentwood Blvd. (M. Oshinsky /L. Lew)
12. Second reading of Ordinance No. 637 amending Title 12 of the Municipal Code by adding Chapter 12.30 relating to the regulation of newsracks in public rights of way. (D. Beougher)
Persons addressing the Council are asked to file their name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. The Council may adopt reasonable regulations at the onset of the public hearing to facilitate public testimony. These regulations may include time limits. In the absence of such regulations, the public hearings shall follow the protocol for Citizen Comments.
13. Consideration of a resolution confirming annexations and formations within Landscape and Lighting Assessment Districts and the Citywide Park Maintenance District for Fiscal Year 2000/01 Budget. (J. Stevenson)
14. Consideration of an ordinance amending PD-13 by adding development standards for Botelho Properties and subdivide 4.25 acres into 15 single family lots and a remaining 0.67 acre existing residential site located east of Guthrie Land and South of Balfour Road. (M. Oshinsky/ J. Zilm)
15. Discussion concerning property at 1348 Berry Lane. (J. Elam)
16. Discussion of salaries for the Mayor and Councilmembers. (J. Elam)
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
Requests for future agenda item
Conference with Legal Counsel — existing litigation Oregon Investors, et al. v. City of Brentwood per Government Code §54956.9(a) Conference with Legal Counsel — initiation of litigation, 1 case per Government Code §54956.9(c) ADJOURN to July 19, 2000 at 7:00 p.m.
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
City of Brentwood City Council
150 City Park Way
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5441