2010 Council Goals and Strategic Plan | City
Council Members | Calendar
of Events | Elections
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
May 23, 2000 at 7:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
Beginning Ordinance No. 635
Beginning Resolution No. 2073
A. Certificates of Appreciation to Hoyle Beasley and Duane Schnittker.
Persons addressing the City Council are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Mayor subject to approval of the Council. Please file your name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Council and, if relevant, the Council may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
All matters listed on the consent calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve Minutes of May 9, 2000
2. Approve Warrant Nos. 50296 - 50597.
3. Reject claim presented by Shawnie Orozco. (K. Diaz)
5. Second reading of Ordinance No. 634 amending Chapter 14, Section 14.01.110 and 14.01.580 of the Municipal Code relating to the application fee to establish service, penalty for delinquent accounts, and payment due date for water, sewer and garbage services. (A. Jones)
10. Approve a resolution authorizing the City Manager or his designee to execute a Grant Deed transferring ownership of 159 Sycamore Avenue (APN 016-150-002) to the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Brentwood. (J. Elam/M. Kirby)
11. Approve a resolution certifying the Negative Declaration and adopting the 2000/2005 Capital Improvement Program for the City of Brentwood including street, park, sewer, water and other municipal improvements to be constructed during the next five years. (J. Stevenson/P. Ehler)
14. Approve a resolution declaring the intent to order improvements of the Lighting and Landscape Maintenance Districts and set a date of July 11, 2000, at 7:30 p.m. for the public hearing pursuant to the Landscape and Lighting Act of 1972 and Proposition 218. (J. Stevenson)
15. Approve a resolution authorizing the City Manager to sign the funding agreement with the State of California, Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) in the amount of $54,500 to develop an interactive collision and citation database analysis system. (J. Stevenson/M. Huber)
16. Approve a resolution adopting the Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program for the Sand Creek Road Project, CIP Project No. 336-3061. (J. Stevenson/S. Gronlund)
17. Approve a resolution accepting the Irrevocable Offers of Dedication for Parcels “A” through “D” of Subdivision 7856, Parcel “A” of Subdivision 7276, Parcel “D” and a portion of Parcels “B” and “C” of Subdivision 7432, Parcel “B” of Subdivision 7433 and Parcel “A” of Subdivision 7944 (A. D. Seeno Construction Co.). (J. Stevenson/M. Kirby)
18. Approve a resolution approving the Final Map of Subdivision 8322, Brentwood Lakes Unit 6, located north of Balfour Road and west of Concord Avenue, accepting the improvement security, and approving the Subdivision Improvement Agreement. (J. Stevenson/B. Grewal/B. Bornstein)
19. Approve a resolution authorizing the City Engineer to enter into an agreement with the United States Geological Survey (USGS) for the installation of a gauging station on Marsh Creek. (J. Stevenson/P. Eldredge)
Persons addressing the Council are asked to file their name and address with the Mayor on the form provided at the podium. The Council may adopt reasonable regulations at the onset of the public hearing to facilitate public testimony. These regulations may include time limits. In the absence of such regulations, the public hearing shall follow the protocol for Citizen Comments.
21. Consideration of an urgency ordinance amending Title 9 (Public Peace, Morals and Welfare) to add a new chapter 9.38 relating to restrictions on canned goods or bottled beverages at public events and exhibitions. (L. Shaw/D. Beougher)
22. Second reading of Ordinance No. 633 amending Ordinance 613 to allow for a 20% reduction in sewer rates for restaurants that have grease traps that are properly maintained according to City required cleaning intervals. (J. Stevenson)
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS
Requests for future agenda items
Conference with Legal Counsel—existing litigation CBF/Pittsburg Landfill(s) Respondent Group v. Contra Costa Waste Service, Inc. et al. (City of Brentwood 3rd Party Defendant). Gov.t Code Section 54956.9
Conference with Legal Counsel concerning possible initiation of litigation regarding Contra Costa County amendment to its General Plan—Urban Limit Line. Gov.t Code Section 54956.9(c)
Next regularly scheduled meeting June 13, 2000.
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 516-5406. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
City of Brentwood City Council
150 City Park Way
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5441