2010 Council Goals and Strategic Plan | City
Council Members | Calendar
of Events | Elections
CITY OF BRENTWOOD
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
April 22, 2003
A regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Brentwood was called to order at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chamber located at 734 Third Street, with Mayor Swisher presiding.
Present: Councilmembers Beckstrand, Gutierrez, Petrovich, Mayor Swisher
A. A Proclamation was presented to Brentwood Librarian Leonard Roudman acknowledging April 27-May 3, 2003 as National Library Volunteer Week.
B. The Oath of Office was administered to Arts Commission appointee Sandra VanDyke.
C. Tammy Homan, Administrative Secretary and Webmaster Donna Grilli provided a demonstration of eMotion the new Parks and Recreation online registration.
Item 4 Corrected name of developer (Western Pacific Housing)
Item 8 Revised fiscal impact
Item 16 Revised staff recommendation
Item 19 Missing Figures 1 – 3 from the Initial Study and Negative Declaration.
Item 20 Staff memo requests continuance to May 13, 2003
It was moved/seconded by Petrovich/Gutierrez to approve the changes per agenda review. Council Member Hill absent. Motion carried.
Karen Kops from H.A.L.O. reported that the Fifth Annual Ramble ‘Round the Reservoir will take place Sunday, June 1, 2003, from 10:00 - 2:00 p.m. at Contra Loma Regional Park in Antioch. The purpose of this event is to increase awareness of animal welfare/rescue work and raise funds to educate the community and support H.A.L.O. sponsored activities. The city of Antioch and EBRPD have co-sponsored this event for the past four years. H.A.L.O is not requesting any funds; their intent is to use the City of Brentwood as a co-sponsor in hopes that the support will result in more exposure to the event.
1. Approved Resolution No. 2832 approving a Reimbursement Agreement with William Lyon Homes, Inc., Subdivision No. 8424, for costs associated with Master Plan Facility Improvements.
2. Referred the 2003-04 – 2007/08 Capital Improvement Program for the City of Brentwood including street, park, sewer, water and other municipal improvements to be constructed during the next five years to the Planning Commission for a consideration of conformance to the City’s General Plan at their regular scheduled meeting of May 6, 2003.
3. Approved Resolution No. 2833 approving the Final Map of Subdivision No. 8676, Brentwood Hills, Shea Homes, located south of San Jose Avenue and east of St. Regis Avenue and authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to execute all documents related to this Final Map.
4. Approved Resolution No. 2834 approving the Final Map of Deer Ridge Country Club, Village B-2-B, Western Pacific Homes, Subdivision No. 8481, located south of Balfour Road and west of Saint Andrew Drive, accepting the improvement security, approving the Subdivision Improvement Agreement, and authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to execute the same.
5. Approved Resolution No. 2835 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Professional Services Agreement with Vali Cooper & Associates, Inc. for Engineering Inspection Services for new development and Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) in the amount of $110,752.00; and authorize the City Manager to approve change orders up to 10% of the contract amount.
6. Approved Resolution No. 2836 memorializing approval of the appeal by Christian Church Homes of the Planning Commission’s condition of approval requiring the installation of concrete roof material for Design Review 02-19 / Conditional Use Permit 03-03 involving the development of a 40-unit multi-family development at 161 Sycamore Avenue.
7. Approved Resolution No. 2837 authorizing the City Manager to execute a Change Order with Harris and Associates in the amount of $116,550.00; and authorize the City Manager to approve Change Orders up to 10% of the contract amount for the design of Brentwood Boulevard Widening, CIP Project No. 336-3054.
8. Approved Resolution No. 2838 authorizing the City Manager to purchase a new LeeBoy paving machine, a new Ingersoll-Rand roller, a new Line Master thermo paint applicator, a new TMT Pathway paint striper, a new Tandem equipment trailer, and a new 10-wheel dump truck for the Street Division not to exceed $345,100.
9. Approved the Youth Commission Teen Crisis Referral Card that will be distributed to Brentwood middle school and high school students.
10. Approved a Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Bay Area Vending Company for vending machine services at various park sites and City facilities. Pulled for discussion.
11. Approved City Council workshop with East Bay Regional Park District Board of Directors on Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 6:00 p.m. in the City Council Chamber.
12. Authorized the City Manager to execute a contract with RGM and Associates for 1) Construction Management Services and 2) management of subcontracts for structural, mechanical and electrical engineering services for the remodel of 120 Oak Street. The total contract amount authorized is $106,300 plus a 10% contingency.
13. Waived second reading and adopted Ordinance No. 740 adding Chapter 10.22 concerning the regulation of the use of electric personal assistive mobility devices (“EPAMDs”).
14. Waived second reading and adopted Ordinance No. 741 amending Chapter 14.01; Sections 14.01.350, 14.01.580 and 14.01.600 of the Brentwood Municipal Code, pertaining to the Municipal Water System.
15. Approved Resolution No. 2839 authorizing the City Manager to execute all documents necessary to vacate the temporary construction easement granted for Storm Line A, located on the south side of Sunset Road, east of EBMUD right-of-way by Ron Nunn.
16. Approved Resolution No. 2840 authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with the Ad Hoc Committee’s recommended Replacement Architectural Firm, The Design Partnership, in an amount not to exceed $412,317.00; and authorize the City Manager to execute change orders not to exceed 10% of the contract amount for the New Police Facility Project, CIP Project No. 337-3110.
17. Approved the request from East Contra Costa County Homeless Animals’ Lifeline Organization (H.A.L.O.) for city co-sponsorship of the Fifth Annual Ramble ‘Round the Reservoir.
18. Rejected claim presented by Pearl Carter Stredni.
It was moved/seconded by Gutierrez/Beckstrand to approve consent calendar
Items 1 – 9 and 11 – 18. Council Member Hill absent. Motion carried.
Associate Planner, Erik Nolthenius, introduced a staff report, noting that
the recently approved subdivision of 59 lots, Montellina II, was to be built
by Centex Homes. The Planning Commission had recommended that Council
approve the rezone, development standards and the Mitigated Negative
Declaration and approve the first reading of the ordinance.
20. Consideration of an Ordinance amending Chapter 17.480 of the Municipal Code by adding development standards for Subarea B of the Planned Development 30 (PD-30) Zone generally located at the northwest corner of Oak Street and Garin Parkway east of Liberty High School.
Mayor Swisher opened the public hearing.
It was moved/seconded by Beckstrand/Gutierrez to continue public hearing
Item 20 to May 13, 2003 as requested by staff. Council Member Hill absent.
City of Brentwood City Council
150 City Park Way
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5441