Youth Commission Minutes
Monday, July 10, 2000
City of Brentwood Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
ROLL CALL and OPENING: Meeting
commenced at 7:11 p.m. Commissioners in attendance were Coree Brown, Stacie
Del Chiaro, Cynthia Fredenberg and advisors Dave Lang and Maria Segura.
Park and Recreation Staff in attendance was Sue Barry and Poldina Scherff.
Absent commissioners were Casey Billingsley, Angela Ordaz, Gabriela Elizarraraz,
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting on June 12, 2000. Coree Brown
approved minutes Cynthia Fredenberg 2nd.
1. The commission discussed the Tractor Races that they ran for Cornfest.
Recommendations made to improve the races: better location, possibly flip
flopping the tent with the races or being located near the children’s
activities, more visible area for the races, more publicity about the
races, arrows or signs to direct where the races are located. Coree made
a motion for the Youth Commission to organize and run the tractor races
for the 2001 Cornfest. Stacie second the motion. Motion carried 5-0.
2. Dave has been on vacation so he had no information on the Livermore
Town Meeting, but will research and report at the next meeting.
3. Corree reported that the Youth Commission made $424.50 on the Spring
to Life Fun Run. Coree made a motion to help organize and run the Spring
to Life Fun Run in April of 2001. Cynthia second the motion. Motion carried
4. The Youth Commission discussed the Chamber Mixer on August 31, 2000.
The committee agreed to do children’s face painting and spin art, maybe
balloon animals. Coree will be the committee chair and Stacie and Ashley
will be the sub-committee for the event.
5. The Youth Commission discussed the recruitment process. They decided
to make and put recruitment flyers at Liberty High School and Bristow
Middle School during their walk through. They requested that staff advertise
it in the paper. Stacie made a motion that the commission go over the
applications on August 7, 2000, Coree second the motion.
6. Staff informed the Youth Commission that we are awaiting the final
plans from the architect for submittal to go to the bid process.
7. Stacie made a motion to authorize the payment of the Youth Commission
banner and polo shirts. Cynthia second the motion.
8. TheYouth Commissioners agreed to volunteer there time at the Thursday
Night Under the Stars Concerts.
1. Dave Lang requested a special meeting be held at his house for a pool
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COMMISSION/COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
Livermore Town Meeting, Chamber mixer in August, and Review of applications.
N O T I C E
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS,
SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN
COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICAN’S WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104
ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION I
ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE
CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION
12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUG THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION
48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO
MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.
ADJOURNMENT: Stacie motioned to adjourn at 8:25 p.m. and Coree second.
4-0 motion carried.