Youth Commission Minutes
April 3, 2000
Delta Community Center Blue Room
730 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
ROLL CALL and OPENING: Meeting
commenced at 7:31p.m. Commissioners in attendance were Casey Billingsley,
Coree Brown, Stacie Del Chiaro, and advisors Dave Lang, Maria Segura.
Park and Recreation Staff in attendance was Sue Barry and Poldina Scherff.
Absent commissioners were Angela Ordaz, Holly Bryan, Cynthia Fredenberg,
Gabriela Elizarraraz, Amy Darr, and advisor Arlene Gonsalves.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting on April 3, 2000. Casey Billingsley
approved minutes Coree Brown 2nd.
1. Update on Brown Act. (P Scherff ) was tabled for next meeting.
2. Coree went to the Cornfest meeting and reported that the Youth Commission
would be interested in having a game booth and would be requesting an
3. Staff discussed the distribution of flyers for the Fun Run to other
area races. Also discussed was the distribution of posters throughout
4. Discussing/Approval Pool Party. (C Billingsley) was tabled for next
5. The Commission by-laws were discussed further and a final draft will
be presented at the next meeting.
6. Discussion of Recruitment of Commission members. (C Billingsley) was
tabled for next meeting.
7. The Commission discussed the logo’s that were created during the workshop,
and the logo that was submitted by a student for the contest. Stacie made
a motion to have a letter drafted to the student to thank her for the
submittal, and that staff be directed to submit the ideas to a professional
graphic artist and bring a draft to the next meeting. Coree 2nd the motion.
1. Update on City of Brentwood Family Aquatic Center programs. (S Barry)
Topic was tabled due to meeting running long.
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COMMISSION/COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
Brown Act, Cornfest status report, Fun Run report, By-Laws, Recruit commission
members, Logo draft, Safety Fair.
N O T I C E
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS,
SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN
COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICAN’S WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104
ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION I
ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE
CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905.
INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION
12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUG THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION
48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO
MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.
ADJOURNMENT: Casey motioned to adjourn at 8:13 p.m. and Coree second.
5-0 motion carried.