January 25, 2007 at 7 p.m.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Introduction of new Recreation Coordinators Jaclyn Dwyer and Kirk Waller. (P. Scherff)
B. Proclamation recognizing Pulte Homes for the support for the Brentwood Snow Park. (K. De Silva)
C. Proclamation recognizing Rick Lemyre for his years of service participating in the Breakfast with Santa program. (M. Kaiser)
D. Recognition of Ernie Rodrigues for serving as Park & Recreation Commission Chair in 2006. (C. Bronzan)
CITIZEN COMMENTS: At this time the public is permitted to address the Park and Recreation Commission on items that are on the Consent Calendar or not on the agenda. Persons addressing the Park and Recreation Commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the Park and Recreation Commission. Please file your name with the chair on the form provided at the podium. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct it to the Park and Recreation Commission and, if relevant, the Commission may direct it to the appropriate staff member.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the Consent Calendar are considered routine in nature and will be enacted by one motion. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the Consent Calendar and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of November 16, 2006.
2. Accept Recreation Division monthly report and project status report. (P. Scherff)
3. Accept Parks Division monthly report. (B. Margesson)
4. Accept Arts Division monthly report. (R. Burr-Siegel)
5. Accept CIP Project Status Reports. (K. DeSilva)
6. Approve revised Affiliated Organization and related organization standards for use of facilities. (P. Scherff/T. Burt/ S. Barry)
7. Approve affiliation agreements with the Terrapins, Dolphins and Aquaknights swim teams for 2007 and 2008. (P. Scherff/M. Kaiser)
8. Approve affiliation agreement with Brentwood Pony Baseball League for 2007 and 2008. (P. Scherff/T. Burt)
9. Approve affiliation agreement with East Diablo Youth Soccer League for 2007 and 2008. (P. Scherff/T. Burt)
10. Approve Parks and Recreation Department Appeals Board Policy. (P. Scherff/T. Burt/S. Barry)
11. ACTION ITEM Approve schematic for Veterans Memorial Rose Garden and Pavers Fundraising Layout Plan. (F. Errico)
12. DISCUSSION ITEM Presentation and discussion of conceptual ideas for the replacement of burned play area and improvements for McClarren Park. (Phil Abey of Abey ∙ Arnold Associations / F. Errico)
13. DISCUSSION ITEM Update on Veterans Park Memorial Garden (Veterans Element Phase 3). (F. Errico)
14. ACTION ITEM Approve Park Subcommittee recommendations to City Council for names of new parks. (F. Errico)
15. ACTION ITEM Selection of new date for the Park and Recreation Commission retreat originally scheduled for January 20, 2007. (K. DeSilva)
16. DISCUSSION ITEM Review of proposed policy for Starry Nights in Brentwood Concert Series. (B. Gary/J. Dwyer)
17. ACTION ITEM Election of officers. (K. De Silva)
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS