April 28, 2005 at 7 p.m.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Recognition of major sponsors of Sunset Park Athletic Complex Grand
B. 2005 Spring to Life Fun Run (M. Kaiser)
C. Proclamation for National Drown Prevention Month – May 1-31, 2005. (P.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING
THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO
FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR
SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION. SPEAKERS
DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE PARK AND
RECREATION COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO
APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON
THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION
AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS
OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE
REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of March 24, 2005.
2. Accept staff report from Parks Division. (B. Margesson)
3. Accept staff project status report from Recreation Division. (P.
4. Accept staff project status report from Facilities Division. (M.
5. Accept results of Ellis Audit of the Brentwood Family Aquatics Complex.
6. Accept goals for the next year for the Brentwood Senior Club. (M.
7. Accept update on working with Jim Townsend of East Bay Regional Parks
District regarding coordination of trails. (K. DeSilva)
8. Approve field closure policy. (P. Scherff/K. Salisbury)
9. DISCUSSION ITEM Consideration of use of BMX bicycles at the Brentwood
Skate Park. (P. Scherff)
10. ACTION ITEM Review and approve park and trail concept plan for the
Castello Project, Subdivision #8854 by Western Pacific Housing, Inc. (J.
11. ACTION ITEM Project overview and review and approve park concept plan
for Marseilles project, Subdivision #8729 by Pinn Bros. (J. Hansen)
12. DISCUSSION of Public Art program. (R. Burr-Siegel)
13. INFORMATIONAL ITEM Public art element in Rainbow’s End park in the
Rose Garden development by Pulte Homes. (R. Burr-Siegel)
14. ACTION ITEM Consider affiliated organization request by Brentwood
Oakley Youth Football League (BOYFL). (P. Scherff)
15. ACTION ITEM Approve policy for practice use of City Parks and
recommend fees to be taken to City Council approval. (P. Scherff)
16. DISCUSSION of “Piñata Poles” in parks. (J. Hansen)
17. DISCUSSION of holding August or September 2005 meeting at Veterans
Park. (L. Brown/K. De Silva)
18. DISCUSSION and consideration of setting date for Park & Recreation
Commission annual tour of park sites. (K. De Silva)
19. DISCUSSION of NRPA Conference in San Antonio, Texas in October. (K.
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS,
SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER THAT IS
READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS
IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR.
35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE II). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL
PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL AT (925)
634-6906. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42
U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET.SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING
OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL
ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.