April 22, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. Proclamation of May to be National Bicycle Month. (J. Hansen)
B. Presentation by the Brentwood Senior Club. (M. Kaiser)
C. Announcement of Spring to Life Fun Run. (M. Kaiser)
D. Presentation of materials from “Connecting the Community: 2004 Funding Opportunities Conference
by the Office of Community Services. (O. Ruiz/L. Andrade)
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of March 25, 2004.
2. Accept staff report from Parks Division. (B. Margesson)
3. Accept staff project status report from Recreation Division. (P. Scherff)
4. Accept results from unannounced audit by Jeff Ellis and Associates, Inc. (P. Scherff/S. Barry)
5. DISCUSSION of attendance at the 2004 Community Services Conference, July 28-30, 2004. (C. Bronzan)
6. ACTION ITEM Approve recommendation of park names to City Council for final approval. (K. De Silva)
7. DISCUSSION/UPDATE on scheduled community meetings for new City Hall, long-term Civic Center alternatives, and Downtown and Brentwood Boulevard specific plans. (C. Bronzan)
8. VERBAL update on the Sunset Sports Complex Subcommittee meeting held April 14th. (J. Hansen/
P. Scherff/K. DeSilva/J. Melloni)
9. VERBAL update on Commissioner park tour scheduled for Friday, April 23, 2004 at noon. (J. Hansen)
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.