August 26, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of July 22, 2004.
2. Accept staff report from Parks Division. (B. Margesson)
3. Accept staff project status report from Recreation Division. (P. Scherff)
4. Accept staff project status report from Facilities Manager. (M. Merizon)
5. Accept staff report from Director concerning Commission liaison. (C. Bronzan)
6. Accept update on Creek Road pedestrian trail extension. (J. Hansen)
7. Accept update on Tennis Courts in Brentwood. (P. Scherff)
8. DISCUSSION regarding request from a student for more bike and scooter trails. (C. Bronzan)
9. ACTION ITEM Review and approve pocket park conceptual plan for Amber Park, Mission Peak Subdivision #8470. (J. Hansen)
10. ACTION ITEM Discuss part-time Recreation Specialist position and make recommendation to City Council. (P. Scherff)
11. ACTION ITEM Approve recommendation to City Council for approval of Amendment to License Agreement with East Bay Regional Parks District (EBRPD) to operate Marsh Creek Trail. (K. DeSilva)
12. ACTION ITEM Appoint subcommittee to work with Park Planner and Parks Services Manager to meet and initiate project design of Summerset Park. (C. Bronzan)
13. ACTION ITEM Pick date, time, and location for September community meeting. (C. Bronzan)
14. ACTION ITEM Prioritize phasing of City Park re-design. (J. Hansen)
15. DISCUSSION Review of City’s water conservation ordinance. (K. DeSilva)
16. DISCUSSION and demonstration of Open Space Management on G.I.S. (K. DeSilva)
17. DISCUSSION of Dog Park rules and regulations. (J. Hansen)
18. UPDATE Creek Clean-Up and Family Fun Day. (K. DeSilva/P. Scherff)
19. UPDATE on Veterans Memorial at Veterans Park. (J. Hansen)
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER THAT IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE II). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL AT (925) 634-6906. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET.SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.