February 27, 2003 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. Welcome Tom Jones, Park and Recreation Commissioner
B. Announcement of promotion of Poldina Scherff to Recreation Services Manager
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of January 23, 2003.
2. Accept staff report/project status reports from Parks Division (K. DeSilva/K. Byrd/J. Hansen).
3. Accept staff report from Recreation Services Supervisors (S. Barry/P. Scherff/M. Kaiser).
4. Accept project status report from Facilities Division (M. Merizon).
5. Accept Sandlot Sports Kickball Evaluation Results for 2002 (P. Scherff).
6. Accept CAPRCBM Guidelines (C. Bronzan).
7. Discussion/recommendation to City Council concerning request by Skate Park users to allow for night skating (C. Bronzan/P. Scherff/K. DeSilva).
8. Update on citizen concern for expansion of Marsh Creek Trail, south of Creekside Park (J. Hansen).
9. Discussion of Park and Recreation Commission working with the Arts Commission regarding an art element in new park designs (J. Melloni).
10. Discussion of retreat for Park & Recreation Commissioners (C. Bronzan).
11. Update of Park Dedications – Miwok, and Brookfield Homes’ parks (K. DeSilva/D. Fugazzi).
12. Update on East County Youth Center (J. Cowling).
13. Review of Commissioner assignments to park projects (J. Hansen).
14. Discussion of California and Pacific Southwest Recreation and Park Training Conference in San Jose, March 20-22, 2003 (C. Bronzan).
15. Update on 2002/2003 Park Improvement Projects (to be handed out at meeting) (K. DeSilva).
STAFF COMMENTS: Reminder of March 27, 2003 Capital Improvement Program budget workshop at 6 p.m.
in Council Chambers
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY’S CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.