April 25, 2002 at 7:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PERSONS ADDRESSING THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TOLIMIT
THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED
BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION.
SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE PARK
AND RECREATION COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT
SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED
ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL
BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED,
THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION
AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approve minutes
of regular meeting of March 28, 2002.
2. Approve minutes of Capital Improvement Program Workshop of March
3. Accept staff report from Parks Division (K. DeSilva/K. Byrd/B. Margesson/J.
4. Accept staff report from Recreation Services Supervisors (S. Barry/P.
5. Accept Proclamation of May 2002 as National Bicycling Month
and May 16th as Bike to Work Day in Brentwood (J. Hansen).
6. Update of Play Equipment and Dog Park Tour (J. Hansen).
7. Discussion of
the Senior Advisor/Trip Committee memorandum (Senior Advisory Proposal)
8. Discussion of the City Park Redesign (J. Hansen).
9. Motion to approve special meeting on Thursday, May 30, 2002 at 7:00
pm for Public Hearing on Park, Trails and Recreation Master Plan (C.
10. Discussion of California Pacific Southwest Park and Recreation Training
11. Discussion of Apple Hill linear trail (C. Bronzan).
12. Consideration of dates for grand opening of Orchard Park as either
Saturday, June 1, 2002 or Saturday, June 8, 2002 (K.DeSilva).
13. Discussion of application of Sunset Park for the State of California
Department of Parks and Recreation Murray-Hayden Urban Parks and Youth
Service program under the Safe Neighborhood Parks, Clean Water, Clean
air, and Coastal Protection Bond Act of 2000 (Proposition 12) and request
for resolution in support of application (J. Hansen).
REQUEST FOR FUTURE
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS,
SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS
READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.
THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR
35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL
PARTICPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY,
PLEASE CONTACT THE CITYS CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL
(925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES
ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE
CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED
FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS
TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.