January 25, 2001 at 7:00 P.M.
City Council Chamber
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
1. Oath of office
Persons addressing the Park and Recreation Commission are required to
limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time
is granted by the Chair subject to approval of the Parks and Recreation
Commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same
to the Park and Recreation Commission and, if relevant, the Commission
may direct same to appropriate member for report.
All matters listed on the Consent Calendar section will be considered
routine by the Commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will
be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required,
that particular item will be removed from the Consent Calendar section
and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes
of special meeting of November 9, 2000 and regular meeting of November
2. Acceptance of staff reports from Park Services Manager/Recreation
3. Accept information update from East County Horseman's Organization
4. Accept City Council staff report on Loma Vista Park redesign project
5. Accept City Council staff report on acceptance of aquatic center
6. Accept Youth Commission update report (P. Scherff)
7. Accept City Council staff report on City Council/Management Staff
planning session (J. Elam).
8. Accept City Council staff report on acceptance of East Bay Regional
Park District License Agreement Marsh Creek Trail (C.Bronzan)
on Shea Homes 2.7 acre neighborhood park design (K. DeSilva/Shea Homes
10. Discussion/recommendation on temporary concession services at aquatic
complex for 2001 season (S. Barry).
11. Approve staff recommendation to identify Sand Creek Road under crossing
as #1 priority for trail development in 2000/2005 Capital Improvement
Project program (C. Bronzan).
12. Approval of department Code of Conduct (P. Scherff/S. Barry).
13. Establish committee to development recommendation on priority of
use for Sunset Park athletic fields (C. Bronzan).
14. Approve recommendation for agreement with Future's Explored for
park littler, garbage and restroom services (K. DeSilva).
15. Update on Equestrian sub-committee (B. Margesson)
16. Update on Bicycle sub-committee (J. Hansen).
17. Update on Skate Park (K. DeSilva/J. Hansen)
18. Update on State recognition by California Park and Recreation Society
19. Election of Vice-Chairperson (L. Brown).
Update on Park, Trails and Recreation Master Plan
Sunset Park expansion
REQUEST FOR FUTURE
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs,
services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner, which is
readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities.
This is in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (28 CFR
35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). If you need assistance to ensure your full
participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment
opportunity, please contact the Citys Chief Building Official,
Louis R. Kidwell (925) 634-6905. Information regarding the Americans
With Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) is also available
through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance
of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements
to ensure accessibility.