REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
March 30, 2000 at 7:00pm
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: PERSONS ADDRESSING THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION ARE REQUIRED TO LIMIT THEIR REMARKS TO FIVE (5) MINUTES UNLESS AN EXTENSION OF TIME IS GRANTED BY THE CHAIR SUBJECT TO APPROVAL OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION. SPEAKERS DESIRING ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS SHOULD DIRECT SAME TO THE PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSION AND, IF RELEVANT, THE COMMISSION MAY DIRECT SAME TO APPROPRIATE MEMBER FOR REPORT.
CONSENT CALENDAR: ALL MATTERS LISTED ON THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION WILL BE CONSIDERED ROUTINE BY THE COMMISSION AND WILL BE ENACTED BY ONE MOTION. THERE WILL BE NO SEPARATE DISCUSSIONS OF THESE ITEMS. IF DISCUSSION IS REQUIRED, THAT PARTICULAR ITEM WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR SECTION AND WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATELY.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of February 24, 2000.
2. Acceptance of staff reports from Park Services Manager/Recreation Services Managers.
3. Acceptance of memo from City Attorney concerning Commissioner Liability.
4. Accept City of Brentwood Aquatic Complex Report #4 from Pacific Program Management (February 2000).
5. Review/discussion of second draft of citywide park design (Phil Abey, Abey/Arnold).
6. Review/discussion of second draft of trail master plan (Peter Arnold, Abey/Arnold).
7. Review/discussion/recommendation of Skate Park design (Greg Melton, Land Image).
8. Review/discussion/recommendation for Family Aquatic Complex neighborhood park development (Gary Hyden, RRM Design).
9. Update on timeline for Park and Recreation Master Plan revision (Gary Hyden, RRM Design).
10. Design review for Shea Homes Parkway landscaping plan (Shea representative).
11. Update/discussion of City/Delta Community Service Study (Jon Elam, City Manager).
12. Review of draft 2000/2005 City of Brentwood Capital Improvement Program for Park and Recreation facilities (Pam Ehler, Deputy Finance Director).
13. Report/discussion regarding Family Aquatic Park proposed programs/fee structure alternatives (Sue Barry).
14. Report on adult basketball open gym programs (Sue Barry).
15. Appoint sub-committee to establish draft guidelines for naming of City of Brentwood park and recreation facilities (Craig Bronzan).
16. Review of attendance at California Pacific Southwest Park and Recreation Training conference (Commissioners Brown/Rarey/Melloni).
17. Discussion of membership in California Association of Park and Recreation Commissioners and Board Members.
18. Action to set special commission meeting on June 8, 2000, to review draft Park and Recreation Master Plan revision.
19. Update on citywide park/roadway maintenance contract (Tom Hanson, Hanson Associates).
League of California Cities Community Services Conference will be held July 26 - 28 in Monterey.
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE CITY OF BRENTWOOD TO OFFER ITS PUBLIC PROGRAMS, SERVICES, MEETINGS AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN A MANNER WHICH IS READILY ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES. THIS IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA TITLE). IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE TO ENSURE YOUR FULL PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC PROGRAM, SERVICE, MEETING OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITYS CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL, LOUIS R. KIDWELL (925) 634-6905. INFORMATION REGARDING THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (42 U.S.C. SECTION 12101 ET SEQ.) IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL. NOTIFICATION 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF ANY NEED FOR ASSISTANCE WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY.
Distribute among all - Per Craig
of Brentwood Park and Recreation Commission
35 Oak Street
Brentwood, CA 94513