CALL TO ORDER: Meeting called to order at 6:06 p.m.
ROLL CALL: Alfredo Garcia, Johnny Staton, Steve Smith, Claudette Naturel-Staton, Sheilah Cunningham, Gari Laranang, and Craig Bronzan, Captain Strock, and Staff Liaisons Barbie Gary and Michele Keady.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: Staff Liaison presented Sheilah Cunningham with a certificate of appreciation for her many years of service on BANC. Her term will end 12/31/08.
AGENDA REVIEW: None
CITIZEN COMMENT: None
1. Approve regular meeting minutes of November 12, 2008. Motion to approve the minutes made by Sheilah Cunningham and seconded by Alfredo Garcia. Approved 6-0.
2. DISCUSSION ITEM: Feedback and discussion of Tree Lighting Ceremony held on December 5, 2008. Johnny Staton, subcommittee chair for the event, thanked everyone, including the many high school aged volunteers, for making the event a success and asked for suggestions to improve the event next year. There was mention of lighting the tree earlier in the evening and having Santa arrive earlier too. Next year, BANC should consider renaming the event as the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. There was also some discussion about partnering with the Chamber of Commerce to present the tree lighting and Holiday Parade together. More discussion will take place at a later date.
3. DISCUSSION ITEM: Discuss and assemble a list of individuals, City staff, and community groups to invite to make presentations at future BANC meetings. The following groups and individuals were suggested to invite for presentations: Friends of Marsh Creek, Home Depot, The Arts Commission, Neighborhood Watch, Parks & Recreation Department, Community Development, Code Enforcement, City staff with an update on the Civic Center, and Vector Control regarding the West Nile Virus.
4. DISCUSSION ITEM: Review BANC’s FY 2008-09 budget. The BANC budget for 08/09 was reviewed, including expenses incurred for the annual Tree Lighting event.
5. ACTION ITEM: Determine format for 2009 Home of the Month program and approve a budget not to exceed $400 to purchase program supplies. The committee approved a budget for the Home of the Month program not to exceed $400.00 to purchase supplies. The 2009 Home of the Month selections will take place in the months of April through December 2009.
6. ACTION ITEM: Nomination of Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer for 2009. The following nominations were made for the 2009 BANC Board Members: Claudette Naturel-
INFORMATIONAL REPORTS FROM COMMITTEE MEMBERS, SUBCOMMITTEES AND LIAISONS: None
City of Brentwood BANC Committee
35 Oak Street
Brentwood, CA 94513