1. Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:05 p.m.
Members in Attendance: Tammy Lynn Misenheimer, Alfredo Garcia, Johnny Staton, Steve Smith, Sheila Cunningham, Claudette Naturel-Staton, Steve Smith. City Staff in attendance: Craig Bronzan and Barbie Gary
Absent: Jeff Altman, Cassandra Youngblood, Valerie Smith, Michele Keady, Captain Strock and Councilmember Brandon Richey.
2. Approval of Minutes: Minutes for April 9, 2008 and May 14, 2008 were approved.
3. Public Comments: None
4. Update on BANC’s budget for FY 2008/09: Barbie Gary gave an update on the BANC‘s Budget for FY 2008/09. There is $2000.00 in the budget.
5. Approve date for Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony: BANC approved the 2008 Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony to be held on Friday, December 5th, 2008. The date will be announced to the public in the Activity Guide. A suggestion was made by Johnny Staton to improve the sound for this year event and maybe a stage for the choirs.
6. Discussion and approval of BANC goals/mission: Discussion of the BANC goals and mission statement was moved to the August 2008 meeting.
7. City Council Update: None
8. Staff Update: Barbie stated that Friday, July 25, 2008, the City of Brentwood will host a Play Day for children. The event will be held in the park from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and all BANC members are welcome to attend.
9. Good of the Order: No member announcements
10. Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 6:50pm. Next meeting August 13, 2008 at 6:00 p.m.