1. Call to Order/Roll Call: Meeting called to order at 6:00 p.m.
Members in Attendance: Tammy Lynn Misenheimer, Johnny Staton, Claudette Naturel-Staton, Jeff Altman, Sheilah Cunningham, Cassandra Youngblood, Stephen Smith, Alfredo Garcia, Valerie Smith and Council Member Brandon Richey. City staff in attendance: Barbie Gary, Craig Bronzan, Michele Keady, and Captain Strock.
2. Approval of the minutes: Tammy Lynn addressed the committee to approve the April 9, 2008 minutes. Due to corrections needed to the minutes, approval of the April minutes will tabled until the June 11, 2008 meeting.
3. Public Comments: None
4. City Tour Update: Tammy Lynn encouraged BANC members to invite a guest to go on BANC’S Annual City Tour, June 11, 2008. Members should be there at 5:15 p.m. for dinner and the bus will depart promptly at 6 p.m. for an approximately 90 minute tour. The Home of the Month award presentation will be made along the tour.
5. Review of upcoming City events: Members suggested several ways to heighten community awareness of BANC at city events by displaying the BANC banner, printing the logo on canvas bags, creating magnets with key city phone numbers, mailing a brochure in the City utility bill, label bottled water to give away at city events and include information pamphlets at the annual Cornfest event. Claudette recommended a few members should be present at City workshops and city special events. Barbie and Tammy Lynn informed the committee that the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony this year will not take place on the same day as the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce Holiday Parade as previously suggested because of scheduling conflicts.
6. Review BANC’s goals/mission statement: The Committee agreed to include two additional goals: The CERT Program and Neighborhood Watch Program. The committee voted on a sub committee that will come up with three draft mission statements which will be discussed at the June meeting. The sub committee members are: Jeff Altman, Valerie Smith and Stephen Smith.
7. City Council Update: Brandon Richey discussed City Council issues.
8. Staff Update: None
9. Good of the Order: None
10. Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:20pm. Next meeting June 11, 2008 at 5:15 P.M.
City of Brentwood BANC Committee
35 Oak Street
Brentwood, CA 94513