| Banc meeting Minutes from 2/23/2005
- Opening comments
- Introduced newest member Jeff Altman
- Amend previously noted nominations
- Debra Diaz-Chairman
- Dirk Zeigler- Vice Chair
- Valerie Austin- Treasurer
- Presentation by Jon Carlson, Public Works, Solid Waste Committee
- Public works offers a fall clean up which allows all residents to bring anything they want to drop off site
- Once per year in October all Hazardous materials may be dropped off.
- Recycled paint is cleaned and given away to the public to whomever want/needs it.
- Compost is available to all residents when available, usually in April.
- Public works offers composting classes for free twice per year
- In 1994 the city of Brentwood stopped contracting out waste management (Brentwood Disposal) and brought this in house.
- Brentwood now has 10 full time drivers, with all new trucks and containers
- The city currently recycles approximately 62% of all city waste.
- The City does contract with BFI to haul away waste to their refuse site in Milpitas. Tours of this facility are available.
- The committee voted and agreed to remove Shawn Strange from the committee roster for lack of participation.
- Update Quadrants on Internet-Dirk work with Donna
- Dirk Zeigler
- Deb Diaz
- Sheilah Cunningham
- Valerie Austin
- Alfredo Garcia
- Jeff Altman
- Paul Rose
- Derrick Bullington
**Next Meeting Wednesday March 23, 2005 at 7:00PM**
Items to be discussed next month
- Sign up for Home of the month
- Review new letter by Paul Rose