Minutes for the BANC meeting on 10-22-03
of BANC website, councilmember’s report on city activty
and phone line
- Decision to work on fine tuning of website
and other logistics that will help committee provide more outreach
to the community
- Redevelopment Presentation by Gina Rozenski,
- A redevelopment book with information
- The presentation consisted of the following:
- Redevelopment Agency (RDA) background
Redevelopment Agency (RDA) is separate form the City Council.
However, the Council members serve as RDA members.
- RDA also has
separate financing from the City.
- RDA Purpose: RDA encourages
the community to grow inward vs. outward. That is, to develop
land within the inner
part of the City.
zones are found in the agency map of the City (see
- How does the RDA get money/financing?
from new projects in the RDA zone (property tax)
funds can only be spent in the RDA
- RDA projects—What
has the agency
See attached sheet
- Provided water
sewer services in the Lone Tree
- Village Drive
of service parking lots
- Delta theater
- Housing: 1st
- Imposing 15%
- Summertime in
- Roadway improvements
- Sunset Industrial
- Mercy homes