January 24, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
*** NOTE CHANGE OF LOCATION: IN THE CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS***
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of November 15, 2006
2. Accept monthly budget report (R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Accept monthly report from Public Art Committee (P. McCarran)
4. Accept monthly report from Literary Arts Committee (R. Beatty)
5. Accept monthly report from Visual Arts Committee (A. Seabury-Day)
6. Accept monthly report from Arts Manager (R. Burr-Siegel)
7. Approve $10,000 donation to the 2007 concert program (B. Gary)
8. Approve change in Arts Commission meeting location to the Council chambers (G. Ruiz)
9. Consider recommendations for Brentwood Art, Wine and Jazz Festival (Art, Wine and Jazz Festival Committee)
10. Discuss Arts Commission absence policy (G. Ruiz)
11. Accept proposal from the Contra Costa Children’s Chorus regarding ambassadorship (R. Burr-Siegel)
12. Approve upcoming Art Gallery Exhibition Calendar (B. Weber)
13. Approve recommended art purchases (P. McCarran)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE
STAFF REPORT AND COMMENTS
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.