*** NOTE CHANGE OF TIME AND LOCATION – IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING AB1234 TRAINING FROM 6 – 8 PM IN THE CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
November 15, 2006 at 8:00 p.m.
City Council Chambers
734 Third Street
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of October 25, 2006
2. Accept monthly budget report (R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Accept monthly report from Public Art Committee (G. Ruiz)
4. Accept monthly report from Arts Manager (R. Burr-Siegel)
5. Accept monthly report from Literary Arts Committee (R. Beatty)
6. Accept monthly report from Volunteer Committee (V. Faye)
7. Approve recommendation to City Council for the appointment of Wanda Grossclose and Richard Woolley to the Arts Commission (S. Gill)
8. Approve calendar of regular meeting dates for 2007 (R. Burr-Siegel)
9. Accept monthly report from Community Relations Committee (P. McCarran)
10. Accept letter of resignation from Jim Bryant (S. Gill)
11. Overview of expectations and responsibilities of Arts Commissioners as referenced in the City of Brentwood Commissioner’s Handbook (C. Bronzan)
12. Discussion of 2007 Committees (S. Gill)
13. Discussion of the Brentwood Art, Wine, & Jazz Festival (Centipede Assoc.)
14. Election of Arts Commission Vice-Chair (Nominating Committee)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE
STAFF REPORT AND COMMENTS
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.