Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
| REGULAR MEETING
June 28, 2006 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Education & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of the regular meeting of May 24, 2006
2. Accept monthly budget report (R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Accept monthly report from Executive Committee (S. Gill)
4. Accept monthly report from Public Art Committee (G. Ruiz)
5. Accept monthly report from Literary Arts Committee (R. Beatty)
6. Accept monthly report from Arts Manager (R. Burr-Siegel)
7. Accept monthly report from the Performing Art Committee (PERFAC) (K. Sveen)
8. Accept monthly report from Volunteer Committee (V. Faye)
9. Accept resignation from Kermit Sveen (S. Gill)
10. Clarification of public art selection process (G. Ruiz)
11. Accept City Amphitheater Fact Sheet (C. Bronzan)
12. Accept Report on Ethics Training status for Arts Commissioners (R. Burr-Siegel)
13. Accept Travel/Expense Policy (R. Burr-Siegel)
14. Accept Curatorial Duties for the Technology Center Gallery (S. Gill)
15. Approve the public art concept and design for two parks in the Rose Garden by Laurel True (G. Ruiz)
16. Consider recommendation(s) regarding the Brentwood Art, Wine, & Jazz Festival (Centipede Assoc.)
17. Consider Commercial Public Art Options for Distribution (G. Ruiz/R. Beatty)
18. Consider Programmatic Planning Committee’s recommendations (J. Bryant)
19. Consider budget allocations for the commission received on artwork sales from the Technology Center (S. Gill)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE
STAFF REPORT AND COMMENTS
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445