January 25, 2006 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Education & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL TO ORDER
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of November 16, 2005
2. Accept monthly budget report for Nov. and Dec., 2005 (R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Accept monthly report from Public Art Committee (G. Ruiz)
4. Accept monthly report from Visual Arts Committee (G. Ruiz)
5. Accept monthly report from Literary Arts Committee
6. Accept monthly report from Arts Manager (R. Burr-Siegel)
7. Approve the appointment of Annette Day and reappointment Ron Beatty to the Arts Commission (S. Gill)
8. Approve proposed survey form from Jamie McCreary for distribution (D. Foley/G. Ruiz)
9. Summary of reviews & approval of Ex. Committee recommendations for Day in the Park (S. Gill)
10. Receive report regarding CityRead (L. Roudman)
11. Approve the concept & design of mosaic seating for Pulte’s Rose Garden by Laurel True (G. Ruiz)
12. Approve concept and design for mosaic seating, soundwall treatment and gazebo medallions for Pulte’s Rose Garden by Susan Dannenfelser and Kirk Beck (G. Ruiz)
13. Approve the concept & design for the Heron Park public art piece by Scott Runion (G. Ruiz)
14. Approve recommended changes to the Vineyards at Marsh Creek public art components (G. Ruiz)
15. Discuss attendance at Arts Commission meetings and terms of office (S. Gill)
16. Discuss the role of City Council Liaison in relationship to the Arts Commission (Executive Committee)
17. Accept Arts Commission Associate Membership (S. Gill)
18. Accept letter of resignation from Chris Robinson and request to read letter into meeting minutes (S. Gill)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE
STAFF REPORT AND COMMENTS
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.