Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
February 23, 2005 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. Tommy Wernholm regarding radio station development
B. American Cancer Society (K. Sveen)
CALL TO ORDER:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of January 26, 2004.
2. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases (R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Approve recommendation to City Council for the appointment of Vivian Faye to the Arts Commission. (Executive Committee)
4. Discussion of 2004-2005 Arts Commission budget (J. Bryant)
5. Report on 2005 CityRead Project (L. Roudman)
6. Revisit and approve the name of the October Art and Wine Festival (Executive Committee)
7. Discuss future of Art Walk/Art for Art’s Sake (P. Lacy-Rankin/G. Ruiz)
8. Approve survey proposal from Jamie McCreary (R. Burr-Siegel)
9. Discussion of 2005/2007 Budget (J. Bryant/R. Burr-Siegel)
10. Discussion and identification of businesses who are Friends of the Arts (J. Bryant)
11. Discuss donation from Braddock and Logan (R. Burr-Siegel)
12. Discuss Commissioner’s time commitment and participation (R. Burr-Siegel/J. Bryant)
13. Information regarding Cultural Arts Master Plan or Community Cultural Plan (R. Burr-Siegel)
14. Approve an Arts Commission “Ambassador” for City Council updates (J. Bryant)
15. Approve “Cloud Park” public art concept for Rosegarden (Public Art Committee/R. Burr-Siegel)
16. Update on Art Society and Arts Commission relationship and the Student Art Exhibition, spring 2005 (J. Melloni/B. Weber)
17. Approve participation in Brentwood Women's Club’s Annual Early Literacy Fair (D. Foley)
18. Approve Movies/Concerts in the Park for 2005 (T. Burt/P. Scherff)
19. Approve purchase of recommended movie equipment (P. McCarren/P. Scherff)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE
STAFF REPORT AND COMMENTS
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445