Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
November 17, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
CALL TO ORDER:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of October 27, 2004.
2. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases. (T. Clark/R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Update on CityRead event. (R. Burr-Siegel/Leonard Roudman)
4. Update on Performing Arts Committee. (K. Sveen)
5. Update on open mike reading event on October 28, 2004. (R. Burr-Siegel/K. Sveen)
6. Update on arts education programs in the Activities Guide. (R. Burr-Siegel)
7. Approve the reappointments of Jim Bryant, Doreen Forlow, and Greg Ruiz (R. Burr-Siegel)
8. Consider recommendations for Day in the Park. (Executive Committee)
9. Discussion of Saturday Art Gallery openings and 2005 schedule. (R. Burr-Siegel)
10. Election of Arts Commission Vice-Chair. (Nominating Committee)
11. Public Art in private residential developments. (R. Burr-Siegel)
12. Approve public art design concepts for the new Police Station. (Public Art Committee)
13. Select two Commissioners to serve on Artist Pool Selection Committee. (R. Burr-Siegel)
14. Update on Arts Commissioner bios on website. (J. Bryant/R. Burr-Siegel)
15. Discussion of San Francisco Shakespeare Festival. (Performing Arts Committee)
16. Approve calendar of regular meeting dates for 2005. (R. Burr-Siegel)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445