Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
September 22, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. Dennis Beougher, City Attorney, City of Brentwood, presentation regarding conflict of interest
CALL TO ORDER:
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of August 25, 2004
2. Approve Leave of Absence for Commissioner Beatty (R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases (R. Burr-Siegel)
4. Approve $500 curatorial services from Jennifer Bevington (R. Burr-Siegel)
5. Update on Day in the Park (C. Robinson)
6. Update of CityRead event (R. Burr-Siegel)
7. Update on Performing Art Committee (K. Sveen)
8. Update on Poet Laureate Competition (K. Sveen)
9. Update on Poet Laureate farewell event in Oct. – Nov. (K. Sveen)
10. Accept staff recommendation for Nov. 20th retreat facilitator (J. Trebino)
11. Approve Staff Recommendation for Nov. 20th retreat facilitator from Fund 521-5109-70140
12. Approval of Farmer Statue maquette (B. Weber)
13. Approval of revised deal points for Farmer Statue (R. Burr-Siegel/B. Weber)
14. Update on Summer Movie Nights (C. Robinson/P. McCarran/P. Scherff)
15. Commission Appreciation Reception on October 11, 2004 at 6:00 pm.
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445