Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
May 26, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. Update on Summer Concert Series (T. Burt)
B. Presentation on City Read Program (Leonard Roudman)
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of April 22, 2004.
2. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases (P.Scherff/T. Clark)
3. Accept 2004 Art Commission Committee Matrix. (P. Scherff/T. Homan)
4. Accept update on the Farmer Statue. (C. Bronzan)
5. Accept Discover Art League newsletter. (P. Scherff)
6. Discussion and sign-ups for Saturday gallery openings. (C. Bronzan)
7. Update on Student Art Show. (B. Weber)
8. Update on Art for Arts Sake. (R. Beatty)
9. Update on Day in the Park. (C. Robinson)
10. Discussion of ideas for performing arts events. (K. Sveen)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner, which is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 cfr 35.102-35.104 ada title). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the city’s chief building official, Louis R. Kidwell (925) 634-6905. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 u.s.c. section 12101 et seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the city to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445