Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
October 27, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
A. Presentation by Steve Kinsella of Brentwood Teen Theatre
CALL TO ORDER:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of September 22, 2004.
2. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases. (R. Burr-Siegel)
3. Brown Act Requirements. (Craig Bronzan)
4. Update of CityRead event. (R. Burr-Siegel)
5. Update on Performing Arts Committee. (K. Sveen)
6. Update on Mary Jane Barnes, Poet Laureate, farewell event. (K. Sveen/R. Burr-Siegel)
7. Approve Recommendation to City Council for the appointment of Patricia Lacy-Rankin to the Arts Commission. (J. Trebino)
8. Discussion of Day in the Park Art & Wine Festival. (C. Robinson/R. Burr-Siegel)
9. Update on Poet Laureate applications and poetry reading event for October 28, 2004 (R. Burr-Siegel/K. Sveen)
10. Consider purchase of the Farmer Statue maquette by Bill Weber. (R. Burr-Siegel)
11. Consider insurance cost for Veteran’s Park Critter project. (B. Carmel/R. Burr-Siegel)
12. Discussion of barn purchase for Art Center. (R. Beatty)
13. Speaker for S.I.R.s on November 23, 2004. (D. Forlow)
14. Appointment of Nominating Committee. (J. Trebino)
15. 2004-2005 Season of the Brentwood Arts Commission Gallery. (B. Weber)
16. Verbal update on Citizen’s Advisory Committee for Community Facilities. (B. Guise)
17. Discussion of Arts Event Calendar. (Performing Arts Committee)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 CFR. 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the City’s Chief Building Official at (925) 634-6906. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. Section 12101 et.seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445