July 28, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
1. Introduction of new commissioners Greg Ruiz and Doreen Forlow
CALL TO ORDER:
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of June 23, 2004.
2. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases (P.Scherff/T. Clark)
3. Report on 2003/2004 final Arts Commission budget. (T. Clark/P. Scherff)
4. Overview and update of 2004/2005 Arts Commission budget information and worksheets. (T. Clark/P. Scherff)
5. Discussion of Veteran’s Park critter prints and sculptures potentially by Bill Carmel. (B. Weber/R. Beatty/R. Koscher)
6. Update on Day in the Park. (C. Robinson)
7. Approve Professional Services Agreement with Bill Weber for Farmer Sculpture. (R. Burr-Siegel)
8. Discussion of CityRead fall event. (L. Roudman/R. Burr-Siegel)
9. Update on Summer Movie Nights. (C. Robinson/P. McCarran/P. Scherff)
10. Discussion of Poet Laureate position. (B. Guise)
11. Update and discussion of “Sing Along Messiah”. (K. Sveen)
12. Discuss Arts Commission office hours at the Tech Center. (R. Burr-Siegel)
13. Update on Arts Education Programming for Fall 2004. (R. Burr-Siegel/G. Ruiz)
14. Discuss At-Large Vacancies on AC5.
15. Discussion of poetry reading event in Oct. – Nov. (J. Trebino)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner, which is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 cfr 35.102-35.104 ada title). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the city’s chief building official, Louis R. Kidwell (925) 634-6905. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 u.s.c. section 12101 et seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the city to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.