Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
April 28, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PRESENTATION: Update on Summer Concert Series (T. Burt)
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approve minutes of regular meeting of March 24, 2004.
2. Approve minutes of special meeting of March 31, 2004.
3. Accept updated Arts Commission roster. (P. Scherff)
4. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases (P.Scherff/T. Clark)
5. Accept letter from Friends of the Library re: City-Wide Read. (J. Trebino)
6. Accept 2004 Art Commission Committee Matrix. (P. Scherff)
7. Approve recommendation to City Council for the appointment of Richard Koscher and Deena Foley to the Arts Commission. (J. Trebino)
8. Approve appointment of Thomas Wernholm and Richard Myers to the Public Art Committee.
9. Approve recommendation of Brighton Station Subcommittee for artwork by Dan Dykes for the Brighton Station development by Discovery Builders.
10. Update on Student Art Show. (B. Weber)
11. Update on Art for Arts Sake. (S. Gill)
12. Update on Day in the Park. (C. Robinson)
13. Update on the Farmer Statue. (C. Bronzan)
14. Discussion of the San Francisco Shakespeare Festival. (P. Scherff)
15. Discussion of stipend for Arts Curator. (J. Bryant).
16. Discussion of purchasing art display cases for the Art Gallery. (J. Bryant/B. Guise)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445