Vision Statement: Adding Joy to People's Lives.
March 24, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PRESENTATION: Susan Dutra from the Brentwood Women’s Club will talk about the upcoming Week of the Young Child event.
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and, if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for report.
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar section and will be considered separately.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting of February 25, 2004.
2. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases (P.Scherff/A.DiNicola)
3. Arts Commission Committee Matrix review (A. DiNicola)
4. Update on Shakespeare Festival (J. Melloni)
5. Update on Student Art Show (M. Hannigan/B. Weber)
6. Review of a standard response to artist submitting controversial art work and revised loan agreements (B. Weber/A. DiNicola)
7. Review of the Arts Commission budget (T.Clark)
8. Update on signage for Art Gallery and Reception openings (J. Trebino)
9. Update on Art for Arts Sake (R. Beatty)
10. Recommendation to donate $900 to the Art Docent School Program (R. Beatty)
11. Consideration of proposal from Vineyards at Marsh Creek development toward satisfaction of the public art ordinance (C. Bronzan/Blackhawk Development)
12. Recommendation to City Council to appoint Kermit Sveen and Richard Koscher to Commission (J. Trebino)
13. Appointment of Public Art Committee members (C. Bronzan)
14. Explore possible options on forming a subcommittee for Performing Arts/Music
15. Review of Farmer Statue quotes (J. Trebino)
16. Discussion on purchasing surveillance cameras for the Tech Center (P. Scherff)
17. Recommendation to subscribe to the Art Calendar magazine (R. Beatty)
18. Discussion of the Canvas Newsletter (P. Scherff/A. DiNicola)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
It is the policy of the City of Brentwood to offer its public programs, services, meetings and employment opportunities in a manner, which is readily accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. This is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (28 cfr 35.102-35.104 ada title). If you need assistance to ensure your full participation in any public program, service, meeting or employment opportunity, please contact the city’s chief building official, Louis R. Kidwell (925) 634-6905. Information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 u.s.c. section 12101 et seq.) is also available through the Chief Building Official. Notification 48 hours in advance of any need for assistance will enable the city to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
of Brentwood Arts Commission
35 Oak Street,
Brentwood, CA 94513
Fax (925) 516-5445