February 25, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.
Brentwood Business & Technology Center
101 Sand Creek Road, B
Brentwood, CA 94513
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PRESENTATION: Presentation done by the California Association for the
Advancement of Recording and Music Arts (C.A.A.R.M.A.)
CITIZEN COMMENTS: Persons addressing the arts commission are required to
limit their remarks to five (5) minutes unless an extension of time is
granted by the chair subject to approval of the arts commission. Speakers
desiring answers to questions should direct same to the arts commission and,
if relevant, the commission may direct same to appropriate member for
CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed on the consent calendar section will be
considered routine by the commission and will be enacted by one motion.
There will be no separate discussions of these items. If discussion is
required, that particular item will be removed from the consent calendar
section and will be considered separately.
1. Approval of minutes of regular meeting of November 19, 2003.
2. Accept monthly budget report and motions for purchases
3. Approval of Art Commission Committee matrix (A.DiNicola)
4. Update on Shakespeare Festival (J. Melloni)
5. Review of the Arts Commission tour of Brentwood (J. Trebino)
6. Update on budget information received (P. Scherff)
7. Review and approval of Public Art Guidelines Flow Chart (J. Trebino)
8. Approval of purchasing plaques for outgoing Commissioners (J. Trebino)
9. Discussion on Commission helping financially with Concerts in the Park
10. Discussion on participating in the Summerset Volunteer Fair (K. Sveen/A.
11. Discussion on developing a standard response to artists submitting
potentially offensive art work (J. Trebino/B.Weber)
12. Review of procedures for featured artists (A. DiNicola)
13. Discussion of upcoming art exhibits and receptions (J. Trebino)
14. Discussion of signage for Saturday Art Gallery openings (B. Weber)
15. Discussion of Design Review Meetings (C. Bronzan)
CITY COUNCIL UPDATE:
REQUEST FOR FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: